Windows 10: How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server

Discus and support How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]IT admins can use the Server Manager on a GUI-based Windows Server to easily remove roles and features. In this post, we will walk you through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server

How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server [​IMG]
    IT admins can use the Server Manager on a GUI-based Windows Server to easily remove roles and features. In this post, we will walk you through the process of how to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server. Before we jump into the subject matter proper, below is the prerequisite check; Plan on what you […]

This article How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 17, 2021

2. Windows Server 2012 R2 Server Manager Failed to retrieve the list of roles and components

Windows Server 2012 R2 Server Manager Failed to retrieve the list of roles and components while I'm trying to Add roles and features.

Also it doesn't give me a list from Windows Powershell (running as Admin): Get-Windows Features - ntProviderException.

sfc /scannow, RestoreHealth, SFCFix.exe
    did not help.

Help me, please!

ViktorDehterenko, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Cannot install anything from "Roles and Features"

I have Windows Server 2019 running on Parallels Desktop.

I cannot install additional "Roles and Features" from the server manager. No matter what I do, it fails silently.

Based on other knowledge base articles, I used the disk image and specified an alternate source path to \sources\sxs, but this made no difference whatsoever. Everything else (that I know of) works fine, and I can install Windows updates - but nothing from
    "Roles and Features".

I don't see "Server" in the list of Windows versions on this forum, but I'm hoping this wouldn't make too much of a difference.

JoshuaTurner5, Jul 17, 2021
  4. SoloLay12 Win User

Removing Global Catalog role from server 2016 - Error

I was trying to replace a 2016 server with another server. While I was doing it, I remove Global Catalog role from the old server (running server 2016). I had to get up to do something before I can demote (remove ad role from it). I was doing it remotely
    using RMM and splashtop. Now I can ping it from the new server but cannot remote into it nor manage it remotely. (Not from cmd, not from server manager and so on).

Server Manager shows Error - Cannot manage the operating system of the target computer. I tried rebooting it with shutdown -i and shutdown -m but nothing works. Shutdown -i says failed to connect to registry and shutdown -m says error 53.

I added the GC role but still getting error. I'm able to see event viewer and saw that it was getting Kerberos error.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

SoloLay12, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How to remove Roles and Features in Windows Server - Similar Threads - remove Roles Features

2. Windows Update and Add/Remove Roles and Features Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update and Add/Remove Roles and Features Issues: Hey everyone, I am having quite big issues with Windows Update and Adding/Removing Roles and Features on my Server 2022 DC. When I try to install any updates even offline, I get error 0x800f0831 image attached of log and I get error 0x80073701 when I try to add or remove...
  3. Windows Update and Add/Remove Roles and Features Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update and Add/Remove Roles and Features Issues: Hey everyone, I am having quite big issues with Windows Update and Adding/Removing Roles and Features on my Server 2022 DC. When I try to install any updates even offline, I get error 0x800f0831 image attached of log and I get error 0x80073701 when I try to add or remove...
  4. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  5. Windows Server 2022 Features removed or deprecated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2022 Features removed or deprecated: [ATTACH]Windows Server is a network of operating systems used by organizations for a customizable network of their own. In the 2022 version of Windows Server, we see Microsoft making big strides, especially in the areas of security and user data protection, but this is also...
  6. Can't remove role on windows 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove role on windows 2016: Hello there! When I am trying to remove hyper-v role from my server i get error message: Removal of one or more roles, role services, or features failed The referenced assembly could not be found. Error: 0x80073701 Some related info : [environment]::OSVersion.Version...
  7. Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install WSUS Server Role on Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to install the WSUS role onto a Windows 10 Pro. I have a client that needs WSUS set up, but they also want a way to save money (and not purchase Windows Server 2016/2019) by getting WSUS onto Windows 10 Pro. Thank you,...
  8. Windows server 2016 failed to add features and roles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server 2016 failed to add features and roles: Hello, so I'm getting a failed to install features and roles because the reference assembly could not be found, 0x80073701, I was wondering if anybody has come across this issue, I need to set up a vpn, but it fails to install remote access...
  9. Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Just like Windows 10 for consumers, Microsoft keeps building new features and functionality for its server editions. Apart from adding, functions are also removed and deprecated. Here is a list of Windows 10 Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features Windows...
  10. Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features: Every new Windows 10 or Windows Server release makes changes to existing features. Some of these features are removed entirely from new versions of the operating systems, others may be deprecated. Deprecation means that the feature remains available in the release but is not...