Windows 10: How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11

Discus and support How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Windows 11 provides a Run as administrator option in the right-click menu. Using that option, you can run any supported application (say a BAT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11

How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    Windows 11 provides a Run as administrator option in the right-click menu. Using that option, you can run any supported application (say a BAT file, EXE, CMD, etc.) with full administrator access which is needed in some cases. But, if you don’t want this option to perform any action, then you can tweak Windows Registry […]

This article How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 18, 2023

2. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

This didn't work for me. Sometime after upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary update I noticed Run as Administrator was missing from the right-click context menu. (I've also installed the Take Ownership reg hack which may be related?)

I also couldn't open an elevated DOS prompt. When I clicked shift right-click on the Start button and selected Command Prompt (Admin) a DOS window would pop open for a split second and then close, with no error indication.

One other strange thing that's been happening since the upgrade is Windows Explorer 'unexpectedly' stops and restarts several times a day. Sometimes on its own and sometimes when I click on a file or try to open the file in a program.

After installing your Run as Administrator .REG, it still does not show up on my context menu, but I see that opening an elevated DOS prompt now works. Thanks for fixing that at least. How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 :) I can still open a program as Administrator if I press Shift then right-click and Run as a Different User and give the Administrator name and password.

Any suggestion for how to get Run as Administrator back into my Context Menu?

Thanks,
    Larry

Wrightclick, May 18, 2023
  3. Marron Win User
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

It's not working for me. I can't add "Run as administrator" to context menu. Maybe Creator's Update broke it?

EDIT: It actually does something. It adds and removes "Run as administrator" if I open programs from the start menu. Maybe the problem is that I want to run a visual studio .sln file as administrator?

Marron, May 18, 2023
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

Shawn, I'm having a problem with option one, step 2......

Unblocked download as usual, I am an administrator, etc. Did the normal MERGE of .reg to registry.

Here's what I get:
    The hex string in the .reg file is missing in registry. I get OPEN, not MOUNT in Explorer. I can mount it thru file explorer, but no MOUNT cmd.

How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 48757d1485959677t-add-remove-mount-context-menu-windows-10-a-2015-11-17_07h49_05.png

How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 48758d1485959677t-add-remove-mount-context-menu-windows-10-a-2015-11-17_07h49_40.png

How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 48759d1485959677t-add-remove-mount-context-menu-windows-10-a-2015-11-17_07h53_24.png

Thanks, Dick...

f14tomcat, May 18, 2023
Thema:

1. How to remove Run as administrator from Context menu in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - remove Run administrator

2. How to remove 'Bitmap image' from 'New' context menu in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove 'Bitmap image' from 'New' context menu in Windows 11?: In Windows 10, run the commands: reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp\ShellNew /f reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp /ve /f It's done. But in windows 11, the 'Bitmap image' still persist. How to remove it in Win11?...
  3. How to remove 'Bitmap image' from 'New' context menu in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove 'Bitmap image' from 'New' context menu in Windows 11?: In Windows 10, run the commands: reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp\ShellNew /f reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp /ve /f It's done. But in windows 11, the 'Bitmap image' still persist. How to remove it in Win11?...
  4. How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?: Disk Management has 'author' in its Context Menu. Google seems to be unaware of it, so cannot give me removal guidance. Registry has about twenty entries for Author, that also have 'context'. Any suggestions for removing 'author' ?...
  5. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  6. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  7. Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The main security measure on any operating system is the privileges. This means that the execution of any process or simply a program can be done at various stages. Mostly, this decision is taken care of by the operating system [...] This post Add or remove Run as...
  8. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  9. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10: Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to do this. In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation...
  10. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...