Windows 10: How to Remove/Scrutinise save password?

Discus and support How to Remove/Scrutinise save password? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been googling it but I've had no luck finding anything that worked. I was directed to something via control panel that showed me both windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by abrogard, Aug 11, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

How to Remove/Scrutinise save password?

I have been googling it but I've had no luck finding anything that worked.

I was directed to something via control panel that showed me both windows things and something else but the passwords that i know it has kept were not shown there at all.

I this morning went to log in to a sensitive site and found win10 had remembered my password and i was in immediately. Not what should happen at all.

I would like to remove that knowledge from the pc.

Can anyone help with how I go about doing that?

:)

abrogard, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Aug 11, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Removing a saved password

We appreciate your response. Here are a few options you may try regarding the incorrect password saved on Microsoft Edge.

Method 1: Delete all saved passwords at once from Edge browser

• Launch Edge browser. Click the More options icon (three dots icon) and then click
      Settings.
    • Scroll down to the Clear browsing data section and click on
      Choose what to clear
    • Check the option labeled Passwords and make sure that other options such as browsing history and cookies are not checked if you don’t intend to clear them.
    • Click the Clear button to clean all passwords saved in your web browser.

Method 2: Clear individual passwords

• Launch Edge browser. Click the More options icon (three dots icon) and then click
      Settings.
    • Scroll down to the Advanced settings section and click on
      View advanced settings
    • Scroll down and click on Manage my saved passwords.
    • To delete a specific password, carefully click the X button next to the URL.

Method 3: Edit or change a specific password

Settings.
    • Click on the View advanced settings button.
    • Scroll down and click on Manage my saved passwords.
    • Click on the URL for which you want to edit or change the password and edit your username, password, or both.
    • Click on the Save button.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

John Vil, Aug 11, 2020
  4. abrogard Win User

I have been googling it but I've had no luck finding anything that worked.

I was directed to something via control panel that showed me both windows things and something else but the passwords that i know it has kept were not shown there at all.

I this morning went to log in to a sensitive site and found win10 had remembered my password and i was in immediately. Not what should happen at all.

I would like to remove that knowledge from the pc.

Can anyone help with how I go about doing that?

abrogard, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Remove/Scrutinise save password? - Similar Threads - Remove Scrutinise save

2. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove saved passwords from windows?: Some how I managed to put my banking passwords on to an autofil type app. I want to remove them. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-saved-passwords-from-windows/a2a8b63d-510e-43db-829c-3fda214bfddb
  3. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove saved passwords from windows?: Some how I managed to put my banking passwords on to an autofil type app. I want to remove them. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-saved-passwords-from-windows/a2a8b63d-510e-43db-829c-3fda214bfddb
  4. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to find saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to find saved passwords: how to find saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-saved-passwords/b20b8556-7c99-4e3e-ab85-ea9b68aba0f6
  6. How to delete saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete saved passwords: How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-saved-passwords/4bf4874b-76a0-4ae3-9560-353be9943740
  7. How to delete saved passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete saved passwords: How do I delete all my saved passwords on Microsoft so I can use a different password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-saved-passwords/4bf4874b-76a0-4ae3-9560-353be9943740
  8. How to delete saved passwords

9. How to Remove/Scrutinise save password?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove/Scrutinise save password?: I have been googling it but I've had no luck finding anything that worked. I was directed to something via control panel that showed me both windows things and something else but the passwords that i know it has kept were not shown there at all. I this morning went to log...
  10. Remove saved password on shared folder

Remove saved password on shared folder: Hello, I am using local file sharing to share files between my network and the people using it, i shared a folder from my pc to another person in the network and it required that i enter my microsoft account on their pc, i did that and it no longer require the password,...