Windows 10: HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

Discus and support HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottBrady86, Nov 24, 2018.

1. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

Every single time I install windows, it loads up my profile with wallpaper, and windows settings , EVEN if I turn off sync before I install windows. I am selecting to remove all settings and files, however, windows 10 installs with sync ON by default. And it's loading ALL of my old settings. HOW DO I REMOVE THOSE SETTINGS SO THEY ARE NO LONGER LINKED TO MY ACCOUNT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I WANT TO CLEAR THESE SETTINGS SO THEY STOP SYNCING WHEN I INSTALL WINDOWS 10. Windows 10 has SYNC on by default, so it ALWAYS sync's so these settings no matter what. I'm tired of this. I want to remove these settings. HOW DO I DO IT? WHERE IS IT STORING THIS DATA?

:)

ScottBrady86, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 24, 2018
  3. About removing microsoft account from built in administrator

Hi,

In order to remove your Microsoft account from your PC, you need to switch your Microsoft account to a local account. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Follow the prompt to complete the steps.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Nov 24, 2018
  4. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Hi,
    I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup of personal settings which talks about turning off syncing first and then clicking on Remove button and then removing the PC from the backed up devices in OneDrive which is never listed in Windows 10. There is also another option in the More Actions dropdown menu for the PC in my Microsoft account saying Remove PC.
    For what purpose would you use these two options ? (Remove cloud backup of personal settings and Remove PC)

sportsfan148, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

1. HOW TO REMOVE SETTINGS FROM MICROSOFT ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - REMOVE SETTINGS MICROSOFT

2. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  3. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  4. How to remove a Microsoft Account from Settings > Email & accounts the correct way, that works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a Microsoft Account from Settings > Email & accounts the correct way, that works: 1. download registry finder and perform a search on the entire registry for your Microsoft Account email.example *** Email address is removed for privacy *** all references registry keys with your microsoft account email address in their name2. locate...
  5. How to remove a Microsoft Account from Settings > Email & accounts the correct way, that works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a Microsoft Account from Settings > Email & accounts the correct way, that works: 1. download registry finder and perform a search on the entire registry for your Microsoft Account email.example *** Email address is removed for privacy *** all references registry keys with your microsoft account email address in their name2. locate...
  6. Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings: Good morning. I ask how to avoid the Microsoft account window in the settings. When I install with the connected network, in the settings window I get the Microsoft account request and I don't know how to remove it. When I install without the connected network it does not...
  7. How to remove Microsoft account from local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Microsoft account from local account?: I signed in once to get some apps from the store and now it seems like it’s impossible to sign out. I can’t seem to find any option anywhere in the system that lets me just... sign out. I’m at my wits end here. It seems like such a simple thing to do. On Apple devices, you...
  8. How to remove computers from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove computers from Microsoft account: I am showing 4 or 5 computers in my Microsoft account How do I remove the ones I don't have anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-computers-from-microsoft-account/93cd67bf-1c4e-4ac9-ab23-9b23969b73a3
  9. Remove account from Email & Accounts setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove account from Email & Accounts setting: When I am under Settings > Accounts > Email $ Accounts, there is an account under 'Accounts used by other apps' that does not give me the option to remove. I am using the administrator account on this PC. My only option when clicking the account that I want to remove is...
  10. How to remove microsoft account from local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove microsoft account from local account: I logged into a windows program with my email not knowign it would log into the whole accouint for me i want to remove the email thats connected to ym local account is that possible? 53040