Windows 10: How to remove several Event Log Errors?

Discus and support How to remove several Event Log Errors? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I've googled some of the errors but I wasn't able to find a definitive solution. Here are the errors: Event 513, CAPI2 Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gil, Sep 30, 2015.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

How to remove several Event Log Errors?

Hi all,

I've googled some of the errors but I wasn't able to find a definitive solution.
    Here are the errors:

Event 513, CAPI2
    Code: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied. Details: AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error: Access is denied.[/quote] Event 69 AppModel-Runtime
    Code: EventData ErrorCode 1168 PackageFullName Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.1509.26110.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe User S-1-5-21-4212775015-541755525-2815841924-1001 DesiredStatus 32 CurrentStatus 0 [/quote] Event 131, DeviceSetupManager
    Code: Metadata staging failed, result={E6899A4D-E94B-55AC-89D7-98788706F4B0} for container '0x80070490' - EventData Prop_ContainerId {E6899A4D-E94B-55AC-89D7-98788706F4B0} HRESULT 2147943568 [/quote]

:)

2. hmarsili Win User

N82 - How to remove a single event from LOG

From the interface, you can't. At try with my n95 many times but no luck.

hmarsili, Sep 30, 2015
  3. belphi Win User
    N82 - How to remove a single event from LOG

Hi

N82 has a strong loging system, all events will log, but it is not interesting when you dont want your wife read your mobile logs :-D

There is an option to remove all log entries but who can I only remove one event entry from the global log report ?

usually in all systems when u highlight an entery you can press "C" key to remove it, but there isnot such option i have just one option to remove all !!!?

belphi, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Do you have actual errors or issues in your system that led you to look at event logs?
    One thing I would do (and that last event type may suggest as much) is to ensure your drivers are up to date for all components.

Kanata, Sep 30, 2015
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    I started to look in the event log because I wanted to resolve Win10 boot time issues from cold boot.
    Since it used to boot really fast from cold boot but now it doesn't. I seem to resolve it for the meantime, but a restart will result in 41 seconds boot time for example.
    Looking at the event log revealed many errors.
    My drivers are up to date.

I think for the last event (Event 131, DeviceSetupManager), it's because I disabled Windows 10 fro automatically installing drivers via Windows Update. Control Panel > Search 'Change device installation settings' > Select No, let me choose... and then select 'Never Install driver software from Windows Update'.

6. damocles Win User
    last time I had longer boot times was when hardware failed and windows was trying to find upon boot up.

damocles, Sep 30, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    The CAPI2 error is an old security error which has never been fixed. You can correct it by running this from elevated command prompt (it is quite long, copy it all):
    Code: sc sdset MSLLDP DHow to remove several Event Log Errors? :(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CC;;;S-1-5-80-242729624-280608522-2219052887-3187409060-2225943459)[/quote] Source

The 131 error isn't really an error (it is an timing issue with MS servers and is also very old).

You can fix it by changing the url for the download site as described by user Saammy here:

change the value of DeviceMetadataServiceURL in the registry to "http://dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com/dms/metadata.svc", without quotes

Neither are particularly important (and will not impact on start-up time) but both are very easy to fix.

I don't know about the "Sound Recorder" error as I immediately uninstalled it I'm afraid.

8. Dooger Win User

Source

The 131 error isn't really an error (it is an timing issue with MS servers and is also very old).

You can fix it by changing the url for the download site as described by user Saammy here:

change the value of DeviceMetadataServiceURL in the registry to "http://dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com/dms/metadata.svc", without quotes

Neither are particularly important (and will not impact on start-up time) but both are very easy to fix.

I don't know about the "Sound Recorder" error as I immediately uninstalled it I'm afraid.[/quote]
    This is what I get typically for event errors during normal messing around. In this time period (a couple of hours) I installed 2 apps and new Logitech mouse and keyboard drivers. Windows installed a Windows Defender update and another update. The PC restarted twice. I'm using Windows 10 Home fresh install on newly formatted SSD. Most people never look in event viewer and I'm sure you're right that most errors can be ignored, but with all the talk about fast boot times I don't think this helps. My startup times aren't as fast as windows 7 was and many things seem to run slower. However some things are faster also. Still makes me wonder if maybe this was released a little prematurely. What I get for errors in one day I wouldn't get in 4 months with windows 7.

How to remove several Event Log Errors? [​IMG]

Dooger, Oct 1, 2015
  9. Aren't the events cached a eventually reach the cache limit where they are then over written with new events?

lopedoggie, Oct 1, 2015
  10. Dooger Win User
    I believe so, good thing or I wouldn't have and hard drive room left on the 40gb drive.

Dooger, Oct 1, 2015
  11. GIL
    gil Win User
    Here, copy this to a .txt file and when you save it, rename to Clear_All_Logs.bat
    Save it on your C drive and run it if you wish to clear all logs once in a while to get a fresh view after messing with the system.

Code: @echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G") echo. echo Event Logs have been cleared! ^ goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1 wevtutil.exe cl %1 goto :eof :noAdmin echo You must run this script as an Administrator! echo ^ :theEnd pause>NUL[/quote]

12. Dooger Win User
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I actually had that already. It's just too bad that I'm having to use it all the time.
    I used to track event errors once in awhile in Windows 7 so I would use it to clear the errors.
    There always seemed to be fixes and answers, hopefully they will come soon for Windows 10 errors.

Dooger, Oct 4, 2015
  13. How to remove several Event Log Errors?

lopedoggie, Oct 4, 2015
  14. GIL
    gil Win User
    Can someone tell me why I'm getting Event 41, Kernel-Power:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Every time I shut down my PC?
    This is a clean Win10 install. One would expect not to get so many errors.

15. Kanata Win User
    What is the method you use to shut down your PC normally?

Kanata, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. How to remove several Event Log Errors? - Similar Threads - remove several Event

2. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  3. AllJoyn Event Log Error

AllJoyn Event Log Error: Please explain the cause of the following error on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1 Laptop Intel R Core TM i5-10210u 8 GB RAM Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2202.130.0 AllJoyn encountered an error 0x4 in module IPNS, file...
  4. Strange Event Error logged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Event Error logged: This error logged has been identified on a machine on the network running Windows 10. What could be the cause, I have never heard of CVE 53 Event ID 2 Log Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations Kernel Mode Type Warning Message Possible detection of CVE: 53 Additional...
  5. Help with several errors in event viewer

Help with several errors in event viewer: Hi guys. I need some help with all the errors i have in the event viewer. Only problem is that i'm not running English as language. So to analyze the problems with your help i guess i need that log at English first? Is there any way to export it to English? 79357
  6. P2P Event Log error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    P2P Event Log error: Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason. It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, which can be disabled to hide the...
  7. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  8. How to REMOVE a "Custom View" imported to Event Log?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to REMOVE a "Custom View" imported to Event Log?: how do I do this? for attempted troubleshooting a horribly slow black-screen boot situation I imported a worthless "custom view" in Event Logging. How do I undo that? countless MS articles on how to create and "work with" but none clearly say how to get rid of it. and...
  9. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...
  10. Database error logged to events several times a day

in Windows 10 Support
    Database error logged to events several times a day: Description: FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\People_Gifts_Data.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). Description: BACKUP failed to complete the command...