Windows 10: How to remove shortcuts and files for a user

Discus and support How to remove shortcuts and files for a user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My brother is usinh my computer, but all my shortcuts in desktop appear to him, and when i move them to the trashcan, they disappear from my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Narguis, May 11, 2020.

1. How to remove shortcuts and files for a user

My brother is usinh my computer, but all my shortcuts in desktop appear to him, and when i move them to the trashcan, they disappear from my desktop too. How can i remove the shortcuts (and maybe the programs itself) for only one user?

submitted by /u/Narguis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Narguis, May 11, 2020

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to remove shortcuts and files for a user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 11, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 11, 2020
  4. How to remove shortcuts and files for a user

shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you trying to create shortcut for all user?

If you are trying to create shortcut for all user try the below steps and check.

• Click on start menu and select
      file explorer

• Click on OS(CHow to remove shortcuts and files for a user :) and click on user folder.

• Click on view on top of the right pane and check on
      Hidden item box.

• Now you can copy and paste the shortcut that you want on the folder.
    Hope it this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 11, 2020
Thema:

How to remove shortcuts and files for a user

1. How to remove shortcuts and files for a user - Similar Threads - remove shortcuts files

2. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  3. How do I remove a duplicate user file

How do I remove a duplicate user file: I reinstalled windows 11, from the download ISO, earlier this week. I have now noticed that there are two user files, duplicates, and two windows folders. How do I remove one of each of these?They do not show as separate users in settings....
  4. How to remove this icon or shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this icon or shortcut?: As the following pictures show, how do I remove the icon or shortcut? It can't be deleted using conventional way, yet can't be removed using other softwares too. Some more, can't find it under command prompt, as well.Any inputs will be very much appreciated....
  5. How to remove this icon or shortcut?

How to remove this icon or shortcut?: As the following pictures show, how do I remove the icon or shortcut? It can't be deleted using conventional way, yet can't be removed using other softwares too. Some more, can't find it under command prompt, as well.Any inputs will be very much appreciated....
  6. How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Keyboard Shortcut?: I made a shortcut and gave is a "Shortcut Key" in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S but then later deleted the shortcut without removing the "Shortcut Key". The shortcut still activates when I press the buttons in this case: ctrl + alt + shift + S, despite the fact that the...
  7. Remove - Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove - Shortcut: So when I right-click a file and click send to → desktop, is there a feature that stops it from renaming it from "programname" to "programname - shortcut" I know I could just select all the files and use bulk rename utility to remove the last 11 characters but I wondered if...
  8. Shortcut removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut removal: Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all....
  9. how to remove a user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a user: I have somehow acquired an unwanted user on my laptop and cannot remove https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-user/e1be7497-0b78-4922-91e5-d7e5134ce4e4
  10. How to remove this shortcuts, please?!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove this shortcuts, please?!: Hello, can someone please help me with this one... I want to remove this shorcuts from... Start - All apps... - Contact Support - Microsoft Edge - OneDrive - Search - Settings - Windows Accessories - Windows Administrative Tools - Windows Easy of Access -...