Windows 10: How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

Discus and support How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo Y920. I'm trying to disable sign in options that make it so I have to use a password or pin to login. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Jan 12, 2020.

1. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo Y920. I'm trying to disable sign in options that make it so I have to use a password or pin to login. If anyone can help me do that I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Jan 12, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 12, 2020
  4. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

1. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login? - Similar Threads - remove sign options

2. I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...: I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options to remove is grayed out therefore i cannot select this option....
  3. I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options...: I would like to remove the pin password requirement to login to my hp laptop. The options to remove is grayed out therefore i cannot select this option....
  4. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  5. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  6. No option to create a login password and remove pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to create a login password and remove pin: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Exotic_Disk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg9gfg/no_option_to_create_a_login_password_and_remove/
  7. Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?: Hi Team, "Remove" button is grayed out and I cannot let my users only sign in with password. They use Pin feature to sign in which they do not want. It is annoying for some users and only want to use password as the sign in option. Tried things in registry and...
  8. How to remove login password or pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove login password or pin: How do I remove login password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-login-password-or-pin/3608d983-8be6-4757-8507-74ef53312e18
  9. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo Y920. I'm trying to disable sign in options that make it so I have to use a password or pin to login. If anyone can help me do that I would greatly appreciate it. 148279
  10. login and pin password removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...