Windows 10: How to remove skype?

Discus and support How to remove skype? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting a pop-up window to connect to skype. I have never nor will I ever use it and want it completely removed from my lap top. I went into to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnnyb58, May 15, 2021.

1. johnnyb58 Win User

How to remove skype?

I keep getting a pop-up window to connect to skype. I have never nor will I ever use it and want it completely removed from my lap top. I went into to the apps in set up and there isn't any skype listed. Could it be under another name?

johnnyb58, May 15, 2021

2. Is there way to remove Skype, Xbox?

We appreciate your response. Skype can be removed from the system of your computer. You may follow the steps that I've provided from my first post. If you're unable to remove the Skype by following the steps, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot
    of the Apps & features on your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 15, 2021
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2021
  4. How to remove skype?

Is there way to remove Skype, Xbox?

Hi,

Some programs and features in your computer are part of the operating system. It's the reason why the Uninstall option is grayed out, and one of those programs is Xbox. However, we believe in saying that "Every cloud has a silver lining". Check the steps
    below to remove Skype, and Xbox.

To remove Skype:

• Click the Windows icon, then search for Apps & features.
    • Choose Apps & features at the left pane, then look for and click Skype.
    • Once done, click on Uninstall.

To remove Xbox:

• Press the Windows icon + X on your keyboard.
    • Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    • Paste this command "Get-AppxPackage xbox | Remove-AppxPackage", then press Enter on your keyboard.

It should look like this:

How to remove skype? 3d113361-cf96-4ff7-a6b6-2c3c61745ec6.jpg

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 15, 2021
Thema:

How to remove skype?

1. How to remove skype? - Similar Threads - remove skype

2. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  3. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  4. Dear Windows Community how to remove username from pre installed Skype? Any Tipps or help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dear Windows Community how to remove username from pre installed Skype? Any Tipps or help...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smokinggunss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke7gze/dear_windows_community_how_to_remove_username/
  5. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.: Yes, I have been screwing around trying to again remove skype. It keeps appearing on my system. Going to star/apps scroll down to skype hit remove and nothing happens. I was able to delete it last week when I found it running in the background but I am now unable to delete...
  6. win10 skype contacts impossible to remove

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 skype contacts impossible to remove: it's not because they are in my windows contact list. It's the same for every contact including randsom people who only ever added me on skype. I push remove contacts they are still there. Even if I block them it shows them on contact list but with a block icon. How can I...
  7. How can remove night light colors when project on skype, or take and screen shoot even...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can remove night light colors when project on skype, or take and screen shoot even...: Even I don't see night light colors in my screen the computer is showing them, How can I prevent this? Using windows 10, Office 365, Lightshot, Skype for business, will appreciate all help [ATTACH]...
  8. Highlights feature removed in latest Skype Insider build

in Windows 10 News
    Highlights feature removed in latest Skype Insider build: Hello Skype Insiders! We heard your feedback and have taken a step back to simplify Skype. With this approach you'll see that we've removed the Highlights feature. We now have very focused navigation with Chats, Calls, and Contacts, making it even easier for you to engage...
  9. How do I remove Skype adware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Skype adware?: I think my skype desktop version got infected by some sort of adware. Just earlier this morning I noticed that its displaying weird advertisements in skype home and there is a ad section in the contacts (individual) pages .. on top that is (check screenshots). Home Ad:...
  10. Skype Removing old unused accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Removing old unused accounts: At Skype, we take account security and safety very seriously. Periodically, we review old unused accounts and remove them to prevent them falling in wrong hands and to prevent possible misuse. Over the next few weeks, we will be removing some accounts which were created...