Windows 10: how to remove softonic

Discus and support how to remove softonic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I remove softonic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-softonic/def4cdca-4334-43fc-b195-a0d25be692bc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R. Davis, Mar 6, 2019.

1. R. Davis Win User

how to remove softonic

how can I remove softonic

:)

R. Davis, Mar 6, 2019
  2. hput3 Win User

How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

hput3, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 6, 2019
  4. MadPaxx Win User

how to remove softonic

why are these windows dispersing in windows 10

Yes you are right
    its this softonic and man do i dislike them *Busted

Softpedia is on my favorite List *Wink

MadPaxx, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

how to remove softonic

1. how to remove softonic - Similar Threads - remove softonic

2. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  3. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  4. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  5. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  6. How can I remove my bann from comments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove my bann from comments.: I do comment on corrupt politicians, some of whom are anti-social and dangerous to our country. On a personal level, if they say things, that go against morality and ethics...I have the right to comment, to either enlighten them or force an election for correction. If someone...
  7. How can I remove my bann from comments.

How can I remove my bann from comments.: I do comment on corrupt politicians, some of whom are anti-social and dangerous to our country. On a personal level, if they say things, that go against morality and ethics...I have the right to comment, to either enlighten them or force an election for correction. If someone...
  8. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  9. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  10. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. en.softonic uninstall

2. remove softonic

3. uninstall softonic windows 10

4. softonic malware removal,
  5. remove softonic from edge,
  6. uninstall softonic,
  7. Stall softonic,
  8. softonic uninstall,
  9. remove softonic notifications,
  10. levarage proactive deliverable,
  11. en softonic remove,