Windows 10: How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?

Discus and support How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem Summary I can't remove sole Keyboard Layout from English United States Language Pack. Please, be careful to distinguish between "Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jinwook Jeong, Jun 13, 2020.

1. How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?

Problem Summary

I can't remove sole Keyboard Layout from English United States Language Pack.

Please, be careful to distinguish between "Keyboard Layout" and "Language Pack"

How to remove it? or at least remove from the list of input methods accessed via Win+Space shortcut?

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? 40fe07f5-0f4c-4c54-81e9-701b95d6d275?upload=true.jpg

See the button grayed out

Background

I have three language packs installed: English system default, Korean, Japanese. Of course I need all of them.

But I don't need US QWERTY keyboard because I can type English with Korean keyboard. in case you cannot understand, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_input_keys#Han/Yeong_한/영

Also I do not want US QWERTY keyboard because it annoys me while switching keyboard.

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? 088b7abf-0868-46aa-bf29-778f8cc126df?upload=true.jpg

Switching win + space from Korean to Japanese is not a problem.

But for the opposite, I must switch to US keyboard first and to the Japanese.

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? ef1c1676-3564-45fd-a87e-e39fd22528c7?upload=true.jpg

Removing English from Preferred languages is not an option. I need it because some apps have quirks with Korean.

Why not just let users set languages for individual UI/UX context? "Preferred languages" should be just "installed languages".

:)

Jinwook Jeong, Jun 13, 2020

2. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Jun 13, 2020
  4. ryloth Win User

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? [​IMG]

ryloth, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?

1. How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack? - Similar Threads - remove sole keyboard

2. How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove default keyboard layout added by a language: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  4. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  5. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  6. How to remove Keyboard layout while retaining language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Keyboard layout while retaining language: I'm a Swede but I prefer Windows in US English. I do not, however, need the US keyboard layout and it's super annoying how it keeps shifting to that layout all the time hotkey seems to be same as one I use in VS code, Rider, Visual Studio etc.How do I remove or disable the US...
  7. How to remove Keyboard layout while retaining language

How to remove Keyboard layout while retaining language: I'm a Swede but I prefer Windows in US English. I do not, however, need the US keyboard layout and it's super annoying how it keeps shifting to that layout all the time hotkey seems to be same as one I use in VS code, Rider, Visual Studio etc.How do I remove or disable the US...
  8. How to remove Keyboard layout while retaining language

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout: I only want English US and Thai language but somehow there is 3rd language "Other Language"I tried many method that solve unwanted keyboard layout, but it didn't work for this one. Powerchell: It show only 2 Languages that I useRegistry: 409 is US and 41e is TH there's no...
  10. How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout

How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout: I only want English US and Thai language but somehow there is 3rd language "Other Language"I tried many method that solve unwanted keyboard layout, but it didn't work for this one. Powerchell: It show only 2 Languages that I useRegistry: 409 is US and 41e is TH there's no...