Windows 10: How to remove someone else's email from my account?

Discus and support How to remove someone else's email from my account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had a friend over who logged into their Xbox account on my Windows 10 PC. After they left, I went to use Chrome on the same PC, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndrewUpACreek, Aug 14, 2020.

1. How to remove someone else's email from my account?

Hello,

I recently had a friend over who logged into their Xbox account on my Windows 10 PC. After they left, I went to use Chrome on the same PC, but this happened:

How to remove someone else's email from my account? [​IMG]

This was totally expected, because my Windows account is NOT part of a family. So I went to account settings and found that my account is now tied to my friend's email:

And my PC is now part of my friend's family:

So, somehow, when my friend signed into Xbox, their email was tied to my account. And because their parents have restricted them from using Chrome (lame), I can't use Chrome either. How can I remove my friend's email from my account? Can I remove their family from my PC? I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

My Windows version number is 19041.

:)

AndrewUpACreek, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 14, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 14, 2020
  4. How to remove someone else's email from my account?

Problem removing email account from calender

Hi,

Follow these steps and check :

• Double click on the email account that you wish to remove.
    • A pop-up is displayed, at the bottom you can find the Option "Remove Account"

Let us know if this helped.

Vinod Archak, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

How to remove someone else's email from my account?

1. How to remove someone else's email from my account? - Similar Threads - remove someone else's

2. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  3. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  4. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  5. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life: Hi, I have a strange problem and it's really defeating my efforts to solve it. Today I got a new laptop and went to set it up. Without thinking about it I used my most commonly used email address, a Gmail account, when signing in. However I forgot that I set up my Microsoft...
  6. Someone Else Used My Email for Their Microsoft Account and It's Ruining My Life

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added: Hi there, My personal email address has been added to a MS account without my permission. I am not sure how this has happened, but I would like to get this removed as soon as I can. It's preventing me from adding my own personal email to my MS account and I worry that it is...
  8. Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Someone else is using my email address as an alias on their Microsoft account: When I first set up my Microsoft account, I used an email account I had from a paid service k****@j********.net. When Gmail launched, I set up a Gmail Account for backup use *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but I never added it to my Microsoft account. A few...
  9. How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?: Windows 10 deceived me and told me i had a problem about my accounts, i clicked there to solve the problem and see what could be and linked my hotmail account to my computer without permission, i tried to remove it clicking in my account, edit and then there is not remove...
  10. How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?: I recently acquired a laptop, and I am trying to set myself up on the laptop. The problem is that the laptop is locked to the previous owner's Windows 10 account. I have tried to transfer the laptop to my account, but the problem is.... the previous owner died suddenly, and...