Windows 10: How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?

Discus and support How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys Can someone please tell me how I can remove specific pinned items from left side quick access menu? Also how to remove certain pinned items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Jul 3, 2019.

1. ancient Win User

How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?

Hey guys

Can someone please tell me how I can remove specific pinned items from left side quick access menu?
    Also how to remove certain pinned items from the left side "This PC" list

Thanks for any help.

:)

ancient, Jul 3, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Jul 3, 2019
  4. ArmaRayo Win User

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list? - Similar Threads - remove specific pinned

2. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  3. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  4. Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items: Win10PRO ver.20H2 OS build; 19042.804 Short Story; when you open explorer to see C: drive or any other drives, on the Left pane is QUICK ACCESS, Either by dragging something in there or rightclicking and adding it Quick Access, it stays but after a restart of the...
  5. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  6. On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

in Windows 10 Support
    On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?: [img] How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no option to remove it from the list. 138905
  7. Quick Access / Favorites -Need it to open in drill down from left side

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access / Favorites -Need it to open in drill down from left side: IN windows 7 there is a setting someplace that will make it so when I click on a favorites shortcut It will open with the all the little arrows turned down and showing its location. Below it shows how we need it to look when we click on the util favorites. [img] IN win 7 i...
  8. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  9. How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?: My Windows 10 Pro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 1493.1715). When I pin new folders in File Managers Quick Access directory, their names appear in no particular order. Is there a way to alphabetize this listing? 93419
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete items pinned to left side of ther screen

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Left Side Pinned Folder