How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

Discus and support How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davy49, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Davy49 Win User

Hi,
    I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that the developer's of windows 10 would have provided a method to disable/delete the spotlight circle that's displayed on the welcome screen. I don't use/need the lock screen, so I already have it disabled. At least for me..I'd rather just see image that's displayed on the welcome screen without the circle. Thanks for any help provided.
    David *Huh

:)

Davy49, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Aileen Alf Win User

Windows Spotlight

Thank you for providing us more information. In this case, we suggest that you perform the following steps to reset Windows Spotlight:

• Delete the folder Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Open the Start menu, and search for PowerShell.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt, then press
      Enter
      :
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Rajeshwari_Patil Win User
    Windows Spotlight- pressed "like" instead of "dont like"

Hi Villar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

• Do you wants to change the lock screen picture?
    • Are you making these changes in the Microsoft account?

I suggest you install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You can turn off the Windows Spotlight feature and then turning it back on and check

Step 1: Right-click on the desktop and then click Personalize to open Personalization category of Settings.

Step 2: Click Lock screen

Step 3: Under Background section, select Picture or slideshow option from the drop-down box.

Step 4: Press windows key + Lock.

Step 5: login back again and follow the same steps from 1 to 3 and change back to Windows spotlight and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen - Similar Threads - Remove Spotlight Circle

2. Blue Screen System Service Exception what failed Netio.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen System Service Exception what failed Netio.SYS: Boot up my Dell XPS 8900 this morning was working normally but few seconds later I got this blue screen with system service exception what failed netio.sys just like in the attachment in the photo how do I resolved this issue I also attaching for info about dm log collector I...
  3. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  4. Screen Flicker on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...
  5. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  6. A shell command? How does that work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A shell command? How does that work?: DaveM121 showed (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/solvedhow-can-i-run-timeexe-from-a-command-prompt/06ae47c8-47b7-4207-9c34-26b3d714b6d2) that, if I want to run this: "C:\Program...
  7. Computer cant get to windows loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer cant get to windows loading screen: Hello, I recently sent my motherboard out for an RMA and saw that the wait time for this RMA was way to long for my liking to I decided to buy a temporary motherboard. When the motherboard got here I put everything in and the computer worked fine, it was really slow since...
  8. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  9. How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find my wifi passphrase on my computer?: wifi is connected, but I need to get the passphrase to connect another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-find-my-wifi-passphrase-on-my-computer/70448f73-6d8a-4e13-b62e-d523ff3ecc86
  10. HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4: I appear to have lost my HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers on my SP4 after an update at the end of July 2018. I have tried various fixes as suggested on different forums and support services , including trouble shoot process, legacy, etc. I have sought assistance...