Windows 10: How to remove the big volume pop-up

Discus and support How to remove the big volume pop-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a big pop-up box beside the volume bar when running a music player program for example foorbar2000. When playing music, it shows the name of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Season_Hou, Feb 8, 2021.

1. How to remove the big volume pop-up

There is a big pop-up box beside the volume bar when running a music player program for example foorbar2000. When playing music, it shows the name of the song and the artist. When not playing any music, it just shows the name of the program.

How to remove the big volume pop-up 57179df6-2713-4bf4-b029-a4ea16409285?upload=true.png

I’ve already searched the previous Q&As and tried the method of disabling Hardware Media Key Handling in edge://flags, which seems to be a solution to many people, but it didn't work for me. I disabled it and restarted Edge, but nothing changed. By the way I use Edge as the default explorer and didn't install Chrome on my computer.

It really is very annoying. Hope someone can tell me how to remove the big box but keep the system volume bar. Thank you so much if anyone can help.

:)

Season_Hou, Feb 8, 2021
  2. andonovv Win User

Annoying big volume pop-up

Hello,

I have been searching for hours and I got so frustrated, this came up out of nowhere, yesterday was all good now when I change the volume this big annoying pop-up shows and it covers my screen and it is just useless. I don't mind the smaller pop-up that shows
    the volume level but how can I disable the bigger pop-up right of the volume level?

Thanks.

How to remove the big volume pop-up de089cb3-f990-4af5-a851-09313a30a084?upload=true.png

andonovv, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Annoying big volume pop-up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Octopolus Win User

How to remove the big volume pop-up

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

How to remove the big volume pop-up

1. How to remove the big volume pop-up - Similar Threads - remove big volume

2. Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somtimes the volume pop up doesn't pop up: The volume icon doesnt open up the volume adjustments or speaker change when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somtimes-the-volume-pop-up-doesnt-pop-up/c365697b-c3ad-4c12-b86e-0c2d014f48d3
  3. How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?: can someone help me because the volume pop up in the top left of my screen is irritating me.... when I'm playing i have pressed a button at my keyboard and idk what that is....the problem is that when i scroll the volume pop up will appear and adjust the volume and its...
  4. How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?: can someone help me because the volume pop up in the top left of my screen is irritating me.... when I'm playing i have pressed a button at my keyboard and idk what that is....the problem is that when i scroll the volume pop up will appear and adjust the volume and its...
  5. How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the volume pop up in the top left part of the screen?: how to remove volume pop up at the top left part of my screen coz its affecting my scroller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-volume-pop-up-in-the-top-left/0b28d539-b62a-46b2-a845-67ca8149efca
  6. Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?

Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?: Whenever there is audio playing, there is this extra black box next to the volume with the info of the source of audio, how do I get rid of that? Note, I am using a browser called Opera.[IMG] Note,...
  7. How to hide the annoying volume pop up???

How to hide the annoying volume pop up???: The volume pop up was actually useful when it was small and disappeared after just a couple of seconds but now its much larger with unnecessary skip and play buttons AND stays up longer. How do reduce the size and/or time displayed or just get rid of it completely?...
  8. How to completely remove pop-up volume notification

How to completely remove pop-up volume notification: Is there any option to completely remove this notification? I couldn't find anything in settings, I've spent so much time searching for an answer. [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot remove volume pop up

Cannot remove volume pop up: I restarted my computer recently and suddenly an expanded volume pop up has started to show up. Before only the volume bar appeared, not the gigantic chrome.exe thing too. [ATTACH] I tried looking how to fix the issue and get rid of it, but almost all of the solutions...
  10. Annoying big volume pop-up

Annoying big volume pop-up: Hello, I have been searching for hours and I got so frustrated, this came up out of nowhere, yesterday was all good now when I change the volume this big annoying pop-up shows and it covers my screen and it is just useless. I don't mind the smaller pop-up that shows the...