Windows 10: How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar

Discus and support How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I saw this appear when I wanted to change my language so I want to remove the EN but I don't know how. The orange thing. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by POR PEI SHAN, Jun 7, 2020.

1. How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar

I saw this appear when I wanted to change my language so I want to remove the EN but I don't know how. The orange thing.

How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar b84ade92-4d25-485d-9ef7-3b38ed03a564?upload=true.png

:)

POR PEI SHAN, Jun 7, 2020

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Jun 7, 2020
  3. ossie Win User
    Windows 10 1803 Update added extra Language en-US to taskbar

Windows 10 1803 Update added extra Language en-US to taskbar which you cannot remove.

Use Cmd Prompt /PowerShell in Admin Mode

View your language list with :- Get-WinUserLanguageList

Add a New Language:- New-WinUserLanguageList en-GB

Set New Language:- Set-WinUserLanguageList en-GB

ossie, Jun 7, 2020
  4. How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar

Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar

1. How to remove the extra language thing from taskbar - Similar Threads - remove extra language

2. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from taskbar?: Hi,I have 2 preferred languages yet also have 3 languages appearing in the task bar menu options, I cannot understand why as I have only 2 languages set up in Language & Region settings as preferred and that 3rd language is not even downloaded, how do I completely remove this...
  3. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a language from taskbar?: Hi,I have 2 preferred languages yet also have 3 languages appearing in the task bar menu options, I cannot understand why as I have only 2 languages set up in Language & Region settings as preferred and that 3rd language is not even downloaded, how do I completely remove this...
  4. How to remove a language from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't remove extra languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra languages: Below might be confusing to understand, but PowerShell claims I only have 2 keyboard layouts and so does Windows settings although the 'keyboard switcher' claims to have 4 languages, 2 of which I do not want. Does anyone have advice to remove these extra languages? I have...
  6. W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11. Remove extra languages from keyboard layout: I want to remove ENG English US and Japanese Microsoft IME layouts options number 2 and number 3. I Want International layout since i need accents because I live in a latam country :DBut i don't' know how. This is my language and region settingsI mainly want to remove options...
  7. How do I remove these extra language

How do I remove these extra language: I try to remove it on preferred languages but it still show in my language bar so that my problem how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-extra-language/b1595ea2-70be-4239-b1a7-7958e768f0c2
  8. Remove extra language options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove extra language options: [ATTACH] Objective: I want to remove the additional languages or keyboards (I exactly dont know which is it). Explanation: So, when I press Windows + space, I see 4 options (see screenshot # 1). I want to use only 1 (English Canada) and 3 (Marathi Microsoft Indic). Option...
  9. How to Remove Extra Languages?

How to Remove Extra Languages?: So I had these language packages that were installed by mistake, and after deleting 'em they still pop up and work as usual for the keyboard. I can't find a way to delete or turn them off. Please, help. [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: I found solution myself, gonna leave...
  10. Removing languages from taskbar

Removing languages from taskbar: I have installed three language keyboards but I don’t need all the languages there. Please, give me advice on how I can remove some of these languages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-languages-from-taskbar/8ee0215e-cbd8-45f3-a833-dca5354725a6