Windows 10: How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?

Discus and support How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I couldn't fit it all in the title. Basically what I'm trying to ask for is if there is a way to remove the folders from "This PC" so I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?

I couldn't fit it all in the title. Basically what I'm trying to ask for is if there is a way to remove the folders from "This PC" so I'm just displaying my hard drives like before. I'd like to keep the folders under quick access, and I would like to keep the folders in general, but they simply do not belong right by the drives under "This PC". I like change, but this one, I do not like at all.

:)

Jerpy, Jul 29, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 29, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Jerpy Win User
    Jerpy, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    In which case I'd post in the tutorial thread, I daresay @Brink will l get to the bottom of your issue.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It still works for me to remove the folders from This PC. Could you please give more details?

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Jerpy Win User

Unfortunately that's all the details I have. I run the .reg to remove all folders (the first choice) and then reboot my PC. They all still appear to be there, so even though I rebooted I try it again but this time just restart the explorer process. That doesn't seem to do it either. I haven't tried manually editing the registry though, but I don't know what ones to change, if that would be needed.

Jerpy, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  10. bbinnard Win User
    I just tried the method given in post#2 to remove all folders and it worked A-OK. I'm running Build 10240.

bbinnard, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Jerpy Win User
    Interestingly enough, the third time I did it worked. I did it strangely though. Had to kill the explorer process, only to realize that broke the entire desktop (woops), so I had to ctrl-alt-delete and do a restart. Came back on and the folders are removed. Heh.

Jerpy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere? - Similar Threads - remove folders under

2. How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Duplicate C drive under This PC?: It all started yesterday, whenever i try to put my laptop on sleep mode it enters blue screen, surfing the internet for this solution i did below:following those steps, i was signout of my pc and it said change your pin but due to error i had to reset my pc.Now, Under This...
  3. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  4. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  5. How can I stop software from creating folders in my documents and make them do it elsewhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop software from creating folders in my documents and make them do it elsewhere?: I'm trying to organize my system a lot more, I want my documents folder to be strictly for documents only (which I already have a lot of). The problem is, games and other various software I use keeps making their own folders in there. I'm talking about general asset folders...
  6. How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...: ...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back: [img] I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". I now want them back there for ease. Please let me know how to do this. Much appreciated. 142555
  7. Duplicate Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  8. Videos Folder under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  9. How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove user picture from login screen, but keep it elsewhere?: I have changed my login screen background picture using Windows 10 Login Screen Changer (available at the MyDigitalLife forums). Unfortunately, the option to Disable User Account picture won't work for me, so I had to delete all the copies of my account pic in the...
  10. Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.: I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off. However since the last update whenever I either copy or move a file into any folder windows puts that folder under the Recent group in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this? 30778