Windows 10: How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

Discus and support How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is urgent Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover So how to remove it ? *He's not a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kushagra Lamba, Aug 7, 2020.

1. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

This is urgent
    Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover
    So how to remove it ?

*He's not a criminal or something..

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Aug 7, 2020
  2. jedbadda Win User

Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

For some reason, there is a link below the field where I enter my password on the login/lock screen that says 'I forgot my password/pin.'

I don't think this is normal, I have seen login screens without it.

I installed Win 10 using a 'local' account, then switched to a Microsoft account if this helps.

Looked for ways to remove this link but can't find any. Anyone know how to remove it?

jedbadda, Aug 7, 2020
  3. lwc_lucky Win User
    How to remove "I forgot my password/pin" from lock screen, Win10

Hello,

Recently, I upgrade my Windows 10 from 1607 to 1709.

I notice my lock screen have a link below of my pin input box that is "I forgot my PIN".

This link even show if i type correct pin and login success.

Is it possible remove that link by changing registry or can disable in somewhere?

(If i remove my pin, that link show "I forgot my password")

lwc_lucky, Aug 7, 2020
  4. S24_Mike Win User

How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

If you get to step #5 and find that there is no option to remove the pin, this worked for me:

• Click "I forgot my PIN"
    • Enter your account password where prompted
    • When prompted to create a new PIN, click "Cancel"

This removed the existing PIN and went back to using the account password to log in and unlock the lock screen.

S24_Mike, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

1. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen - Similar Threads - remove forgot password

2. "I forgot my pin" option in lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "I forgot my pin" option in lock screen not working: I have a MSI Cyborg 15 a12udx laptop. Windows 11 23h2 installedMy sign-in option is pin. I have logged in with my Microsoft account, So I can't use a separate password for my user accountIn the lock screen when I press the "I forgot my pin" option, a loading circle appears...
  3. "I forgot my pin" option in lock screen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "I forgot my pin" option in lock screen not working: I have a MSI Cyborg 15 a12udx laptop. Windows 11 23h2 installedMy sign-in option is pin. I have logged in with my Microsoft account, So I can't use a separate password for my user accountIn the lock screen when I press the "I forgot my pin" option, a loading circle appears...
  4. PIN option not showing and forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  5. PIN option not showing and forgot password

PIN option not showing and forgot password: So I just had updates run last night, and now today I can no longer log in. I have been using a PIN to log in for years now, but that option isn't even displaying. Not only that, my password which I know is correct isn't working, the security questions aren't working, and...
  6. Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option: Good afternoon. This morning, I attempted to login to my laptop, but realized I had forgotten my PIN I usually use the fingerprint scanner. I tried several times, but none of the PINs were correct. Because I’ve tried too many times, there is no “forgot PIN” option anymore....
  7. Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option

Windows 11 forgot PIN, no password option: Good afternoon. This morning, I attempted to login to my laptop, but realized I had forgotten my PIN I usually use the fingerprint scanner. I tried several times, but none of the PINs were correct. Because I’ve tried too many times, there is no “forgot PIN” option anymore....
  8. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?: I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen....
  9. Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...: I am not given the option to change my password and there is not a restart button on the screen - my Microsoft password does not work after I changed it. So what do I do now?...
  10. Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen: How to remove the 'I forgot my password/pin' link: For some reason, there is a link below the field where I enter my password on the login/lock screen that says 'I forgot my password/pin.' I don't think this is normal, I have seen login screens without it. I installed Win 10 using a 'local' account, then switched to a...