Windows 10: How to remove the in-built administrator account.

Discus and support How to remove the in-built administrator account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The account keeps causing problems like preventing me from switching security settings, and cannot do anything that needs administrive permissions. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by upcomingITpro, Apr 3, 2021.

1. How to remove the in-built administrator account.

The account keeps causing problems like preventing me from switching security settings, and cannot do anything that needs administrive permissions. I need the fix ASAP it fixed but after a restart the same problem occured.

:)

upcomingITpro, Apr 3, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hello @Converseallstar95, How to remove the in-built administrator account. :)

Could it be that the built-in Administrator may just be signed in to the Store app with the Microsoft account?

If so, then you could reset the "Microsoft Store" app back to default to see if that may remove the association.

*Arrow Reset App in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

If not, then check to see if it may be listed using step 3 in Option Two below, and can be removed.

*Arrow Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 Mail app Browsers Email Tutorials

Brink, Apr 3, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

How to remove the in-built administrator account.

Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

OPs post does not make sense. The built in and normally hidden Administrator account cannot login with an MSA account and does not run uwp apps.

I think OP is confusing the Administrator account with the default Admin account initially setup which can be a local or MS account - the installer tries very hard to get you to use MSA as we all know.

cereberus, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

How to remove the in-built administrator account.

1. How to remove the in-built administrator account. - Similar Threads - remove built administrator

2. Removing administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing administrator account: I have been wanting to remove this administrator user on my PC for some time but am unable to, and I do not want to have to create a new user and redo all of my files for all of my games and stuff. is there any way to remove that administer users?...
  3. How do i remove the built in administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove the built in administrator account: Hi this built in administrator account really annoys me so i want to remove it how do i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-built-in-administrator-account/1b38b9c0-417e-4145-bdee-55b857172bb3
  4. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  5. Delete built in administrator account files

Delete built in administrator account files: I enabled the built in administrator account and disabled it, what is the best method for removing all traces of it? 152433
  6. Removal of administrator account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removal of administrator account: I have to remove the account of the administrator of this account because he's deceased. I'd like to take over the administration role on this computer. Could you please assist me through this difficult time?...
  7. Built-In Administrator Account Confusion

Built-In Administrator Account Confusion: I run lusrmgr.msc > Users. On each account shown there, I right-click > Properties. This tells me that, aside from DefaultAccount, Guest, and HomeGroupUser$, I have an Administrator account that is built-in and disabled, and an account named Ray (my name) that is a member of...
  8. Built in administrator account

Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  9. Built in Administrator - account security questions?

Built in Administrator - account security questions?: After a couple of weeks of using Windows 10, I finally have the OS installed, tweaked and personalized. The last thing on the list is to tighten-up the default security account/settings of Windows 10 on the PC. In the past I attempted to do this w/ Windows 7 with...
  10. Remove built in administrator media device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove built in administrator media device: An IT person activiated my built in administrator account to do something and then deactivated it. Now the windows media device for the administrator account shows up on my network (including smart TV) and i cannot remove it. Any ideas on how to remove the built in...