Windows 10: How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

Discus and support How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 system, I use EnglishUS as the display language and also have Korean, Japanese and Chinese keyboards additionally installed.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clueless Zapdos, May 7, 2022.

1. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

On my Windows 10 system, I use EnglishUS as the display language and also have Korean, Japanese and Chinese keyboards additionally installed.The problem is that since CJK keyboards all come with switchable qwerty mode, there's no point in keeping the US keyboard, and it's just causing inconveniences when trying to quickly switch a keyboard with windows+space.I'd like to remove that US keyboard, while keeping EnglishUS as the system display language. Is there any way I could achive this?

:)

Clueless Zapdos, May 7, 2022

2. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, May 7, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 7, 2022
  4. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 7, 2022
Thema:

How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

1. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language? - Similar Threads - Remove Keyboard Display

2. Language keyboard display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboard display: I understand that you can switch languages using the Windows key+spacebar. But this only changes the language input. It is useless unless you can also display the language keyboard onscreen. Is there any way to create a shortcut to do this? Or some other method?...
  3. Language keyboard display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language keyboard display: I understand that you can switch languages using the Windows key+spacebar. But this only changes the language input. It is useless unless you can also display the language keyboard onscreen. Is there any way to create a shortcut to do this? Or some other method?...
  4. Display language removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  5. Display language removal

Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  6. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?: On my Windows 10 system, I use EnglishUS as the display language and also have Korean, Japanese and Chinese keyboards additionally installed.The problem is that since CJK keyboards all come with switchable qwerty mode, there's no point in keeping the US keyboard, and it's...
  7. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  8. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  9. Remove a display language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a display language?: Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout. [ATTACH] I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted...
  10. How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?: I always had problems in Windows 10 to define my language preference: Display language = US English and keyboard language Swedish! And I do not want something else no keyboard language switch!. Some updates ago I managed finally to define this only language combination, I...