Windows 10: How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?

Discus and support How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Searched for anything on here on to how to remove MSN pop up on here but couldn't find anything.... Would very much appreciate how to remove it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, May 8, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?

Searched for anything on here on to how to remove MSN pop up on here but couldn't find anything....

Would very much appreciate how to remove it as there's nothing in Programmes and Features the most often suggested answer on Yahoo and Google etc...

Thanks *Smile

:)

Arcadian, May 8, 2016

2. How to remove a pop-up for enterning the credentials on Windows 10?

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you further with this issue:

• Are you logged in using Microsoft account/ local account?
    • Is there any other user accounts with administrator privileges on your computer?
    • What exactly are you referring to when you say: during an active session, ask for confirming(reentering) my credentials in a pop-up?
    • Are you referring to the User Account Control pop-up?

If so, Change the User Account Control Settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type, User Account Control Settings
      and select it.
    • Drag the notification bar to Never notify, click Ok and check if it helps.

Important: User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software
    or changing settings that affect other users. We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of credentials notification for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2016
  3. How to remove the pop up message, "software license is not found" from AMD?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

I understand you want the unnecessary pop up to be removed from the system. I suggest you to refer the link provided by Andre Da Costa
    in the below thread and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

"The license information to use this software is not found." error on Windows 10 for AMD streaming software.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 8, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Could you be more specific and tell us where you are getting the MSN popup, Edge ie?

essenbe, May 8, 2016
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks. It only happens occasionally at start-up, I've removed Edge I hope.

That's all I know otherwise....

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    I've never heard of that. I know by default Edge and ie have MSN start pages, but not anything at startup of the OS. Maybe someone else has an idea.

essenbe, May 8, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    I've never heard of an MSN popup. Can you run some scans and post the results here for us please?

RKILL
    This will stop any suspect processes in the system, and report what it's found. Post the log txt file it leaves on your desktop.

ADWCleaner
    Run the program, click SCAN. When the scan is finished click LOGFILE. Copy that information and paste it here.
    Do not "clean" anything until we have had a look at it.

simrick, May 8, 2016
  8. Arcadian Win User

Will do. It's not exactly a popup it's there on the screen after entering password first thing in the morning, first one ever yesterday and the second one again this morning...

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
  9. Arcadian Win User
    First one....

# AdwCleaner v5.116 - Logfile created 09/05/2016 at 10:32:15
    # Updated 09/05/2016 by Xplode
    # Database : 2016-05-09.1 [Server]
    # Operating system : Windows 10 Home (X64)
    # Username : - LAPTOP-Q3GUOBUI
    # Running from : C:\Users\\Downloads\adwcleaner_5.116.exe
    # Option : Clean
    # Support : ToolsLib - Forum: Ask for help or share your experience.

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\simplitec
    [#] Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Application Data\simplitec
    [-] Folder Deleted : C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ByteFence

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLLs ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8BF0126F-A5B7-4720-ABB2-2414A0AF5474}
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\CheckPoint\ISW
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\darwendlm
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\PRODUCTSETUP
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Softwareopensource
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\csastats
    [-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\simplitec
    [-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\CheckPoint\ISW
    [-] Data Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Secondary Start Pages]
    [-] Data Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Default_Secondary_Page_URL]
    [-] Data Restored : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Start Page]
    [-] Data Restored : HKU\S-1-5-21-2073988303-265105248-2263932473-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Secondary Start Pages]
    [-] Data Restored : HKU\S-1-5-21-2073988303-265105248-2263932473-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Default_Secondary_Page_URL]
    [-] Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{C5CDD303-B921-4A1C-9656-3745F0150771}
    [-] Data Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]
    [-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{C5CDD303-B921-4A1C-9656-3745F0150771}
    [-] Data Restored : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]
    [-] Data Restored : HKU\S-1-5-21-2073988303-265105248-2263932473-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes [DefaultScope]

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
    :: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2442 bytes] - [09/05/2016 10:32:15]
    C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3754 bytes] - [09/05/2016 10:22:53]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2588 bytes] ##########

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
  10. Arcadian Win User
    Secondly - nothing cleaned....

Rkill 2.8.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
    BleepingComputer.com - News, Reviews, and Technical Support
    Copyright 2008-2016 BleepingComputer.com
    More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
    RKill - What it does and What it Doesnt - A brief introduction to the program - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

Program started at: 05/09/2016 10:45:20 AM in x64 mode.
    Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Defender Disabled

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
    "DisableAntiSpyware" = dword:00000001

* Windows Firewall Disabled

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
    "EnableFirewall" = dword:00000000

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 05/09/2016 10:47:16 AM
    Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 55 seconds(s)

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
  11. How about a screenshot of it? This isn't a normal part of Windows 10, so something else is causing it.

DeaconFrost, May 8, 2016
  12. Arcadian Win User
    Ok will do, it only seems to happen in the mornings and only started 3/4 days ago so wait till tomorrow....

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Can I ask what AV you use, and also what Firewall?

RKILL
    ADWCleaner
    Not sure this will stop the issue you're seeing, but all that stuff needs to go. If you still have simplitec installed, remove it using the standard Windows method for uninstalling programs (Control Panel>Programs and Features).

I would create a restore point, and then go ahead and select everything ADWCleaner found, and CLEAN it all off.

It will be interesting if you can get a screenshot, or a photo with your phone/camera, so we can see exactly what you're seeing.

simrick, May 8, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    Just so you know: RKILL is a temporary scan - it simply disables suspicious items, and everything it does is undone by a reboot - it doesn't clean anything. It is used to give temporary control of an infected computer back to the owner, so it can be cleaned. It also, (for our purposes here), identifies some key settings in the system.

simrick, May 8, 2016
  15. Arcadian Win User
    Bit lucky as I'd switched off for a couple of hours and it was back again, see screen pic below....

Sorry not a techie what's AV ? Firewall is Zone Alarm which I've used for years right back to XP...

How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? [​IMG]

Arcadian, May 8, 2016
Thema:

1. How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? - Similar Threads - remove MSN pop

2. How to permanently remove recommended emails popping up when sharing files on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently remove recommended emails popping up when sharing files on Windows: When I try to 'Share' a file by right clicking on it on Windows 11, the following 'Recommended' emails pop up in the drop down menu as show in both screenshots below: Screenshot 1:Screenshot 2:Any help or advice on how to send these emails into a virtual black hole would be...
  3. How to permanently remove recommended emails popping up when sharing files on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently remove recommended emails popping up when sharing files on Windows: When I try to 'Share' a file by right clicking on it on Windows 11, the following 'Recommended' emails pop up in the drop down menu as show in both screenshots below: Screenshot 1:Screenshot 2:Any help or advice on how to send these emails into a virtual black hole would be...
  4. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  5. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  6. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  7. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  8. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. POP UP REMOVAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POP UP REMOVAL: I keep getting a page and a pop up ad that are called "SavingsForThe Savvy. How can I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-removal/537f5501-2b06-4816-923f-5f9a8c1c7cc9
  10. HOW TO REMOVE DOWNLOADMYINBOXHELPER.COM POP-UPS

HOW TO REMOVE DOWNLOADMYINBOXHELPER.COM POP-UPS: This annoying pop up just appeared and I want to get rid of it. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-downloadmyinboxhelpercom-pop-ups/48306e9e-10ff-4dac-bde7-c0fc7868cec5