Windows 10: How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?

Discus and support How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, May 8, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

How to remove the MSN pop up permanently?

How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? [​IMG]

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

Okay, from there please go to Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu>Programs>Startup
    That's where we need to be.

simrick, May 9, 2016
  3. Always !

Slartybart, May 9, 2016
  4. Arcadian Win User

Could only find Start up in task manager....?

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Follow this pic .....this should help you find it for simrick..

OldMike65, May 9, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    From this folder you have in the screenshot, scroll down to the Microsoft folder, double-click on it, then find Windows, double-click on that folder, then find Start Menu, double-click on that folder, then find Programs, double-click on that folder, then Startup. You may have to select to show hidden files:

So the complete path would be

C:\Users\Arcadian\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

simrick, May 9, 2016
  7. Arcadian Win User
    ??

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Okay that's fine.
    You disabled that Firefox one in Ccleaner right?
    Why don't you try a reboot and see if it's still there.

simrick, May 9, 2016
  9. Arcadian Win User
    Did the reboot OK but to be sure where was the Firefox one in CC as I couldn't find anything ?

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    It was in post #30 - the second screenshot you had with an arrow pointing to it (in Ccleaner).

So, you've rebooted and did Internet Explorer not immediately open this time?

simrick, May 9, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    Also, please type Task Scheduler in the search box and open the task scheduler. In the left column click on task scheduler library and post a screenshot.

essenbe, May 9, 2016
  12. Arcadian Win User
    Ok will check, however wretched MSN appeared again first thing this morning....!

No Firefox had gone.

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  13. Arcadian Win User

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  14. Arcadian Win User
    Very strange because first thing this morning MSN appeared again, also today's emails via Pop Peeper (very reliable for years) behaved a bit strangely and weren't working properly if at all for the first time ever.

So switched off everything for 10 minutes and after an unusually very slow start up no MSN and Pop Peeper back to normal. Wait and see I reckon....

Arcadian, May 9, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    essenbe and simrick will be on later this morning ....hang in their. *Smile
    Also later today we are all due for a update from MS this afternoon.

OldMike65, May 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How to remove the MSN pop up permanently? - Similar Threads - remove MSN pop

2. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  3. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  4. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  5. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

How to permanently close app windows popping up?: I installed a program a long time ago called HxD Hex Editor, now, I wanted to clean up my PC of unwanted apps, and when I uninstalled the app, the folder with the .exe remained and 2 windows with "Runtime error 217 at 0000000000423357", if I close any of the two windows, the...
  6. How to permanently close app windows popping up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to remove the big volume pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the big volume pop-up: There is a big pop-up box beside the volume bar when running a music player program for example foorbar2000. When playing music, it shows the name of the song and the artist. When not playing any music, it just shows the name of the program. [ATTACH] I’ve already searched...
  8. POP UP REMOVAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POP UP REMOVAL: I keep getting a page and a pop up ad that are called "SavingsForThe Savvy. How can I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-removal/537f5501-2b06-4816-923f-5f9a8c1c7cc9
  9. pop up removals

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop up removals: how to rid of pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pop-up-removals/320d2137-6923-4c90-90a4-1506ba9a0a88
  10. HOW TO REMOVE DOWNLOADMYINBOXHELPER.COM POP-UPS

HOW TO REMOVE DOWNLOADMYINBOXHELPER.COM POP-UPS: This annoying pop up just appeared and I want to get rid of it. Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-downloadmyinboxhelpercom-pop-ups/48306e9e-10ff-4dac-bde7-c0fc7868cec5