Windows 10: How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

Discus and support How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chris Macapagal, Apr 13, 2023.

1. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Chris Macapagal, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Logoff/Login password prompt

I do not know what to suggest.

I just created a local user account with no password, logged out of my normal user account and selected it for login. This is what was displayed.

How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password? 337256d1623649589t-logoff-login-password-prompt-stduuserwopw-loginscreenh.jpg

I clicked on the SignIn button and went straight through to its Desktop.
    I repeated this logout-login procedure in case its first login had been different but this is how it always appeared.

The username of the problem account is not Administrator, is it?

Denis

3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2023
  4. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 13, 2023
Thema:

How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

1. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password? - Similar Threads - remove password prompt

2. how to remove password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  3. how to remove password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  4. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  5. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  6. Prompt local user account to change their default password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt local user account to change their default password?: Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first...
  7. How to change or remove an unknown local user password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change or remove an unknown local user password?: I bought a Windows 10 machine on an estate auction, a Dell rugged laptop with outdoor screen (out of warranty with Dell). Windows is configured to never require password for login. However, if I press Windows+L to lock it, it will ask me for a password, so apparently there is...
  8. Removing an user account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing an user account password: My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-user-account-password/7b50cd8e-3359-4ecf-9ad1-456422851c67
  9. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  10. Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Was not prompted for admin password during install (Standard user): I just installed an update for the Vypr VPN software. I am a Standard user, but there was no prompt to enter admin credentials to proceed with the install. I verified that I am a standard user in settings. I installed another program just 5 minutes before this one that DID...