Windows 10: How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

Discus and support How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After setup my computer with Windows 10 and office apps, a category "Microsoft 365 Apps" of pinned icons appear in Start menu. Like below.I hope to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeopoldChenhao Li, Feb 22, 2024.

1. How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

After setup my computer with Windows 10 and office apps, a category "Microsoft 365 Apps" of pinned icons appear in Start menu. Like below.I hope to remove them and re-orginze my apps in Start menu, but it seems this category is locked. I cannot unpin, rename or re-order them. How can I unlock it?

:)

LeopoldChenhao Li, Feb 22, 2024

2. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Redirecting

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Feb 22, 2024
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    Microsoft 365 PIN number

Hi Greg,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with Pin number during installation of Office 365.

It is actually asking for the Windows 10 Pin. Try to follow the steps on this link to remove the pin.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6518-remove...

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. WCatch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

WiIfred P, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Kari Win User

How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

Thema:

How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

1. How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start? - Similar Threads - remove pinned Microsoft

2. How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?: After setup my computer with Windows 10 and office apps, a category "Microsoft 365 Apps" of pinned icons appear in Start menu. Like below.I hope to remove them and re-orginze my apps in Start menu, but it seems this category is locked. I cannot unpin, rename or re-order them....
  3. How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the pinned "Microsoft 365 Apps" from Win10 Start?: After setup my computer with Windows 10 and office apps, a category "Microsoft 365 Apps" of pinned icons appear in Start menu. Like below.I hope to remove them and re-orginze my apps in Start menu, but it seems this category is locked. I cannot unpin, rename or re-order them....
  4. How to remove Microsoft 365 spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Microsoft 365 spam: I'm logged on using my company offfice365 credentials.The top of this page displays "Buy Microsoft 365", on the right hand of the page I can 'Try Microsoft 365 for free".How can I get rid of ads in the paying version of office 365 ?Using Brave browser....
  5. How to remove Microsoft 365 spam

How to remove Microsoft 365 spam: I'm logged on using my company offfice365 credentials.The top of this page displays "Buy Microsoft 365", on the right hand of the page I can 'Try Microsoft 365 for free".How can I get rid of ads in the paying version of office 365 ?Using Brave browser....
  6. How to remove all microsoft 365 apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all microsoft 365 apps: How do I completely remove office 365. I have uninstalled the office 365 in programs but I still have word, outlook, excel, etc. and I can still open them and am still logged in. I am having issues with outlook and want to completely remove and reinstall all of office...why...
  7. How to remove all microsoft 365 apps

How to remove all microsoft 365 apps: How do I completely remove office 365. I have uninstalled the office 365 in programs but I still have word, outlook, excel, etc. and I can still open them and am still logged in. I am having issues with outlook and want to completely remove and reinstall all of office...why...
  8. Can't pin apps to task ar from Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin apps to task ar from Microsoft 365: You need to download the desktop version not the online version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-apps-to-task-ar-from-microsoft-365/ad95b88b-c37f-4ed4-bc48-06dc105a3f2a
  9. A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?: I've been trying to remove new pinned tiles every time I boot my system, but so far been no luck. Most tutorials are either unfinished or don't work. So I was wondering if there is a proper solution to disabling the ability for apps to create pins on the start menu, because...
  10. Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove microsoft apps from the start menus app list: Windows 10 includes something like 23+ programs which aren't likely to be commonly used. In my experience it will often drown out apps that I actually use. It gets pretty frustrating when it takes around 30 seconds to find an app I need to open. Sometime I may not remember...