Windows 10: How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?

Discus and support How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use W11 but I have the old W10 Context-Menu because I prefer it that way I found a tutorial on how to change it using the Registry Editor. I'm in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by galen_burnett_7, Jul 10, 2024.

1. How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?

I use W11 but I have the old W10 Context-Menu because I prefer it that way I found a tutorial on how to change it using the Registry Editor. I'm in the habit of moving files by using [Shift+F10] on them to open the Context-Menu and then pressing the "V" key a couple of times and then Enter to arrive at the dialogue-box that moves a file. However, I often slip on my keyboard and end-up selecting the Restore Previous Versions option of that Context-Menu instead. This worries me as I do not want anything to do with any sort of file-versioning or file-restoring systems that the OS offers—I manag

:)

galen_burnett_7, Jul 10, 2024
  2. mtroxel Win User

Previous versions of files in restore point

Searched, didn't see this one.

One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu on any file it still lists it as an option. Is this just gone or a huge bug?

mtroxel, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jul 10, 2024
  4. How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?

File Explorer Context Menu

Hi Mark, my name is Neil and I'm a Windows 11 user like you.

I too wasn't thrilled by the new context menu options in Windows 11. However, since using it, my New > option appears on the first context menu, where you simply hover and then select New Folder just like Windows 10.

Now I can't be sure if this changed by itself (adapted because I have used the New option a few times) or if this came from an update? So you might want to try using the New option a few times and see if it moves to the first context menu.

However, to answer your question, yes! There is a way to restore a full context menu back to Windows 11.

It involves editing the registry but is a fairly simple thing to do and it is also easy to remove too by deleting the key you create if you ever needed to.

There are many websites with the steps that show you what to do, but I think this one is the best as a step-by-step guide: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-res...

After following the instructions and rebooting, you will have a full context menu when you right click.

I hope this helps!

Kindest regards,

Neil

Smug Puppy, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?

1. How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files? - Similar Threads - remove Restore Previous

2. How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the "Restore Previous Versions" option from Context-Menus of files?: I use W11 but I have the old W10 Context-Menu because I prefer it that way I found a tutorial on how to change it using the Registry Editor. I'm in the habit of moving files by using [Shift+F10] on them to open the Context-Menu and then pressing the "V" key a couple of times...
  3. How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?: hello*Smile After right clicking an MP3 file, I get: Add to Winamp's Bookmark List https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413474684/454878.png How do I remove these? Please create a registry file Thanks 168076
  4. How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?: hello*Smile After right clicking an MP3 file, I get: Add to Winamp's Bookmark List https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413474684/454878.png How do I remove these? Please create a registry file Thanks 168076
  5. How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When most of your attempts in finding a file on your computer fail or do not yield the desired results, you try to restore it […] This article How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. How to restore to previous version ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore to previous version ?: A few days ago windows 10 updated itself to the latest version. I've never had any problems with updates but after this one there are many. I have windows 10 pro Version 1903 18362,388 OS Build. Here are the problems : 1. When my computer goes to sleep mode, after I want to...
  7. Restore "Explore" Item in Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Explore" Item in Context Menus?: Windows 7 saw the removal of the "Explore" item in the context menus. I know why, it was redundant, but I still would like to restore it. Here's the Recycle Bin context menu in Windows 2000: [ATTACH] And the same context menu in W10 after a bit of editing: [ATTACH]...
  8. Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus: Does anybody know how, if it's eve possible, to remove 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from the context menu for files and folders?! TIA! 36836
  9. Previous versions of files in restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions of files in restore point: Searched, didn't see this one. One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu...
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...