Windows 10: how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

Discus and support how to remove the top apps section of the search menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Several-Wear4223, Dec 19, 2020.

1. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

/u/Several-Wear4223, Dec 19, 2020

2. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it
    is broadly and stupidly displaying for the entire world to see. Is there anything at all that we can do about this?

NocturnalLust, Dec 19, 2020
  3. nelson2tm Win User
    How can I hide Top apps from Windows 10 search?

The Windows 10 May 2019 update added a new feature to the search menu called Top apps which lists your most used apps.

how to remove the top apps section of the search menu? AebxU.png

I want to hide this list from the search menu, just like you can do from the start menu.

I tried disabling Show most used apps in start, which, as the name suggests, only hides this from the start menu. I also tried disabling Store my activity history on this device and clearing my activity history in Windows 10's privacy settings. While disabling this option hid my recently opened files from the search menu, it didn't hide Top apps.

How can I hide Top apps from the search menu?

nelson2tm, Dec 19, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

Hi The

I am sorry, there is currently no way to remove the 'Top Apps' section form the new search in version 1903

There is definitely no setting for that and I have searched the registry and there is no obvious place this is being stored and no-one else has managed to find this and produce a registry hack yet, sorry . . .

DaveM121, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

1. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu? - Similar Threads - remove top apps

2. How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen: I dont want to see it submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexvp2/how_do_i_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the/
  3. Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section: How is it possible to delete non-system items from the context menu? As an example, I am referring to the collection of shortcuts of Libre Office and some other apps. 160575
  4. Search menu on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  5. Search on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search on top of start menu: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k319520u7y351.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=b67f7e8bf716295108cea35e733f61d71873f6d1 After updating to the latest version of windows 10 (2004) through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does...
  6. How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is...

How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is...: Hello, the new search feature is a mind -numbing outcome for me. There is a list of TOP APPS in my search area now ...the problem being that I don't use those apps. e.g. MS Edge e..g Snip and Sketch. ..things I NEVER use. Therefore, this just seems like a billboard for...
  7. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar: Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it is broadly and stupidly...
  8. Start menu "Top Apps" Remove

in Cortana
    Start menu "Top Apps" Remove: Hello All, Currently on build 2019.07.30.2227780 and would like to know if there is a way to remove the "Top Apps" from the start menu search bar (Press Start, Enter something to search on, Delete said search, will then display the "Top Apps"). Seems odd to have this show as...
  9. How to make menu folders in All apps section?

How to make menu folders in All apps section?: How does one make more folders like screenshot of All apps? The folders are leftover from 8.1 [img] 12362
  10. How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?: Hi, If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of photo thumbnails. I do not want these to display. Is there a way to prevent this? Or at least to point it so it only pulls...