Windows 10: How to remove the TrustedInstaller

Discus and support How to remove the TrustedInstaller in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this a virus or something else?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryCampsmith, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How to remove the TrustedInstaller

Is this a virus or something else?

:)

GaryCampsmith, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 4, 2019
  3. ThEditor Win User
    NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller is missing

TrustedInstaller is missing when i try to give TrustedInstaller back the ownership of WindowsApps Folder in program files.

What I did:

1. I gave myself the ownership of WindowsApps folder in program files through its advanced security settings.

2. Then after I had done what I wanted to do (copy a folder of an application) I tried giving TrustedInstaller back its ownership.3

3. But windows said "An object with the following name cannot be found "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller". Check the selected object types and locations for accuracy and ensure that you have typed the object's name correctly, or remove this object from the
    selection.

4. So what I did is I removed TrustedInstaller from the permissions entries group and it removed it but a new Principal appeared namely - S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204.f

5. I tried doing step 2 again but it still didn't work.

6. In the end, I tried to look if I had unknowningly removed TrustedInstaller. For this, I went over to System32 and
    viewed it's advanced security settings. TrustedInstaller was the Owner.

My Question :

Why is windows saying it is TrustedInstaller is missing when System32 has the owner TrustedInstaller?

How do I make TrustedInstaller the owner of WindowsApps again?

My Windows :

Windows 10 (Creator Update)

ThEditor, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

How to remove the TrustedInstaller

Windows 10 Home - Getting "TrustedInstaller" permission to edit and remove items.

Hi John,

Based on the initial post that you made, what you did was to give full permission to trustedinstaller. You need to change it to the admin of the computer (LAPTOP-E1UE8UMG\Administrators) instead as outlined on the last link you provided. If you are still
    having issues after changing the permission to the admin, I suggest that you post your issue in the
    TechNet Forums instead. The members there include
    IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

How to remove the TrustedInstaller

1. How to remove the TrustedInstaller - Similar Threads - remove TrustedInstaller

2. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  3. My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device was stolen and I can't locate it. If I remove it from my Microsoft account...: My device was stolen and I haven't been able to locate it on 'My Devices'. If I remove it from my Microsoft account devices will it remove the bitlocker encryption? Or will the bitlocker encryption remain regardless? Thanks for any info....
  4. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  5. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  6. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...
  7. how do I remove "Trustedinstaller"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I remove "Trustedinstaller"?: How do I remove Trustedinstaller? I cannot delete file because it has the permissions/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-trustedinstaller/ac1beebe-0017-4b52-8581-39055e96d024
  8. Windows 10 Home - Changing "TrustedInstaller" to "Administrator" to edit or remove items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home - Changing "TrustedInstaller" to "Administrator" to edit or remove items.: I wanted to substitute the canned microsoft images used in Windows 10 with my own higher quality images. The images were located in C:\windows\web\wallpaper\Flowers; Windows; Windows 10 and in C:\windows\web\screen [ATTACH] I uploaded my images, a total of 18, which I...
  9. Removing Access To Block my Files Being Deleted From TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Access To Block my Files Being Deleted From TrustedInstaller: Dear Microsoft, My laptop is very cluttered and I'd like to clear up some files that previous forums have resolved, yet the options on my laptop are not available. As I believe I'm running an updated version of Windows I would like your advice on giving myself full ability...
  10. Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro: Hi I have Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. From the Command Prompt, run as administrator, how should I do to remove any TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users from the ACLs of an entire directory structure also contains files and links (this must not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you cant remove trustedinstaller because this object

2. remove NT Service\TrustedInstaller

3. how to remove trustedinstaller windows 10