Windows 10: How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

Discus and support How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have just set up a new user here in the office and configured her laptop with all the software access she requires. I've also set her up on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve Chung (schung), Sep 4, 2019.

1. How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

Hi,

I have just set up a new user here in the office and configured her laptop with all the software access she requires. I've also set her up on the local domain and she has an account. I have made sure she has Administrator rights.

Anyway as I worked through her laptop and wanted to download some further software and updates on the Dell website for drivers, a User Account Control pop up box has appeared. I have to each time enter in my admin credentials which is annoying. As the new user will be working remotely I do not want this to appear as I won't be around to enter in my admin credentials and just want to have this remove. I know this can be edited in the "Change User Account Control Settings" but in order to do this I have to enter in my admin details.

I have checked on her profile and it says she is an Administrator and checked under local users group and again she is a member of administrators. This is driving me mad and it says an Administrator is needed to amend the scroll bar to "Never Notify". I cannot do this as I need to log on as an administrator.

Any help?

Steve

:)

Steve Chung (schung), Sep 4, 2019

2. trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 4, 2019
  3. remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Sep 4, 2019
  4. How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine

1. How to remove the User Account Control from user's machine - Similar Threads - remove User Account

2. How do I remove user account control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove user account control?: I am trying to remove user account control from my device but every time I try to do so it takes me to a position where I need the pin/code,I have tried changing the pin/code and everytime I try change it and enter it in it says incorrect.Everytime I want to run a file I...
  3. How do I remove user account control?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove user account control?: I am trying to remove user account control from my device but every time I try to do so it takes me to a position where I need the pin/code,I have tried changing the pin/code and everytime I try change it and enter it in it says incorrect.Everytime I want to run a file I...
  4. How do I remove user account control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  6. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  7. How to remove a user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  8. How to remove a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user account: Hi,I have received my PC back after having the hard drive changed.I need to remove the guy who fixed my PC's user account but am unable to as it says that he's signed in.Is there any way I can remove it?ThanksK...
  9. How to remove a user account

10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...