Windows 10: How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry

Discus and support How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I bypass the Windows 10 sign-in whether with user name or pin, which is the initial situation on my new Dell PC June 2020 with Windows Home?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TF_950, Sep 21, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry

How can I bypass the Windows 10 sign-in whether with user name or pin, which is the initial situation on my new Dell PC June 2020 with Windows Home?

My Dell laptop purchased maybe 10 months ago does not have a required sign-in at all.

My Dell PC from 2013 allowed me to sign in by just hitting enter, in effect having no entry as my sign in code.

Under Settings>Accounts>Sign in options, I see no option for not requiring a sign in. I already have OFF the Windows Hello requirement.

Please note that my question currently is "how?" rather than "whether".

:)

TF_950, Sep 21, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Lee101 Win User
    Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

Lee101, Sep 21, 2020
  4. How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry

Remove sign on requirement at start up (Windows 10)

For some reason, maybe signing into shop, Windows 10 now wants me to sign in on starting the computer. This is very inconvenient to the family members who share this computer. I want to load straight into the desktop page.

I tried 2 suggested solutions (applicable to other versions)

1. I went into sign in options and chose 'never' for require sign in. However there is no apply button and when I restarted, the computer still wanted my password.

2. I went into change password. The hint suggested if I left new password blank, it would remove the password requirement. However the operation demanded a new password and would not move onto finish.

How do you remove the start up password requirement from Windows 10?

TonyFrazer, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry

1. How to remove the Windows 10 sign-in requirement, or at least go to a passcode of no entry - Similar Threads - remove sign requirement

2. Removing passord sign in requirement for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing passord sign in requirement for windows 10: I am trying to remove password sign in requirement for windows 10 for a dell laptop that is only used at home. I have seen instructions saying to to the netplwiz screen and then open up the user accounts window. I have done that. Then instructions say to uncheck the box...
  3. Windows 10: how disable sign-in requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: how disable sign-in requirement?: Windows 10: how disable sign-in requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-disable-sign-in-requirement/f0c12408-12dd-48c4-819f-da63a7b37ed9
  4. problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with netplwiz action for removing requirement for passcode login: I just purchased 2 HP PCs for my elementary school age granddaughters to use for virtual classrooms. Both have Windows 10 version 1909. I tried to use netplwiz to disable the sign-in passwords and pass codes, but something went wrong. I thought I followed the instructions to...
  5. removing sign in requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing sign in requirement: Hello, I would like to know how to remove the sign in requirement when my pc restarts. Somehow it baited me into making a password which I have and now I need to sign in with it every time my pc restarts or turns on. When I go to change the settings, it requires me to...
  6. Windows 10 sign in requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 sign in requirement: Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience. I was able...
  7. Extra Printer Entry - How to Remove??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Printer Entry - How to Remove??: Hi, I'm not sure why but a duplicate of my printer shows up whenever I want to print an email... However, if I go to Printers, there is no duplicate. I would like to delete the duplicate entry that shows up on this drop down (says Copy 1)... can anyone provide assistance...
  8. How to Remove Windows To Go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Remove Windows To Go: My laptop started to run really slowly so I decided to reset / reload Windows which I have done before, However I then received a message saying the laptop cannot be reset as it is running Windows To Go. I did not request this so I am amazed it switched on its own. How can...
  9. How to disable the sign in requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable the sign in requirement: How to remove the e-mail account from Windows 10, or how to disable the sign in requirement. [img] I followed the instructions but it did not work. [img] 29291
  10. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...