Windows 10: How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer

Discus and support How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; These seem redundant to have these displayed next to each other. I always use the left hand column instead. Why click "> Folder" when the contents are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meebers, Jun 14, 2021.

1. meebers Win User

How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer

These seem redundant to have these displayed next to each other. I always use the left hand column instead. Why click "> Folder" when the contents are already displayed? Is there a way to remove/hide these from the file explorer main panel?

:)

meebers, Jun 14, 2021

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer :)

justinmreina, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to remove these "Folders" & "Devices and drives" from explorer - Similar Threads - remove Folders Devices

2. How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?: I just don't want to use Gallery in Windows 11, so I run the below batch file, as administrator: RemoveGalleryFromNavigationPaneInFileExplorer.bat reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} /f /v "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" /t...
  3. How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?: I just don't want to use Gallery in Windows 11, so I run the below batch file, as administrator: RemoveGalleryFromNavigationPaneInFileExplorer.bat reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} /f /v "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" /t...
  4. Removing Microsoft One Drive Folder from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Microsoft One Drive Folder from Windows Explorer: A former client had me use One Drive to share files. I no longer work with that client, so I removed their One Drive from my computer, but there's still a link to the folder in the explorer window see screen-shots below I uninstalled One Drive from my computer and the folder...
  5. How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives"

How to remove path from "This PC" - "Devices and drives": I use citrix workspace and once I logged into my windows 10 PC, it created a drive option here mapped to my local machine outside citrix. This doesn't work anymore as I disabled permissions for read/write. But this option is still showing and throws an error if I open it. How...
  6. Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer

Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer: I have unlinked One Drive from my PC. I have uninstalled One Drive using add/remove programs. I have deleted File Registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}AND deleted same for Wow6432Node The Onedrive folder is still appearing on my D Drive...
  7. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  8. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  9. Remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer: How do I remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer? I use only "Devices and Drives." I see nothing in folder and search options that lets me remove "folders" from Windows Explorer. Is this customization possible? 26354
  10. How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide drive from explorer without removing drive letter.: Hi. I just installed a small ssd drive to be used by a program as a temp drive. Now that i've set the app to use G: as temp drive, i do not need to interact with the drive again. Set it and forget it. So how do i hide the drive from explorer without breaking everything ?...