Windows 10: How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator."

Discus and support How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator." in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My PC doesn't belong to any workstation or group. But it still doesn't allow me to change the setting. I tried lot of suggested solutions but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SATHISANTHU, Apr 7, 2020.

1. How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator."

How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator." cfb6b01f-ec9e-4596-b9c7-05f4c851c235?upload=true.jpg

My PC doesn't belong to any workstation or group. But it still doesn't allow me to change the setting. I tried lot of suggested solutions but in vain. Please help me to resolve this problem.

:)

SATHISANTHU, Apr 7, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Removing/changing Administrator

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear about the loss.

Before assisting we would like to know:

The account you are speaking about is it a Microsoft Administrator Account or a Local Administrator Account?

• If it is a Microsoft Administrator Account then Password cannot be removed.

• In order to remove the Password Protection for a Local Administrator Account you would need to Enable the Build In Administrator Account. This will help you in removing the Password.

• To Enable the Build In Administrator Account Please follow the below steps:

As per the Description you have mentioned as you see an error as "change settings are currently unavailable." We would request you to help us with the Screenshot of this error.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link to send a Screen shot in Microsoft Community:

How to include a screenshot in your post

The above steps should be helpful to you, if the issue still persist, then to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator."

*Some settings are managed by your organisation

I see that message after rebooting having installed updates. The message goes away after a couple of minutes or if you do another manual search for updates. I just put this down to the usual MS lax quality control.

You can peruse All Tasks in both places in Group Policy Editor to see if anything has been configured. I've solved that message "Some settings are managed by...." as follows:
    1. Open Group Policy Editor and peruse both listings for Administrative Templates / All settings
    2. Find any rules related to your problem - in this case Windows Update
    3. Select Enabled for each rule, select Apply. Then select Not Configured, select Apply.
    4. Toggling the rules on/off as above has removed the message "Some settings .." a few times for me. I don't know whybut it works!

Steve C, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator."

1. How to remove "This setting is Managed by your administrator." - Similar Threads - remove setting Managed

2. the setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the setting is managed by your administrator: I am running Windows 11 Enterprise 23H2 on my laptop. My user account has admin privileges. I am trying to turn off my firewall. I believe it is preventing MiKTeX from installing packages on the fly. However, I am unable to do so. I get the message that "some settings are...
  3. Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator.": Hi, Im using windows 11 and i cant manage some of the settings in windows security it says "This setting is managed by your administrator." How do i turn that off?...
  4. Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator."

Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator.": Hi, Im using windows 11 and i cant manage some of the settings in windows security it says "This setting is managed by your administrator." How do i turn that off?...
  5. This setting is managed by your administrator

This setting is managed by your administrator: 1. Tried to download an app in Bluestacks via google play2. clicked the notification pic 13. Clicked controlled folder settings in pic 24. Arrived at pic 3 with the error messageI am on a local account as administrator. There are no other accounts on my device. I have tried...
  6. This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator

This Setting Is Managed by Your Administrator: Hello there!I'm trying to install Software that I know is safe. But the Button for installing it anyway is missingfirst picture. I found out that I need to change the settings, but I am not able to change it although I got Administration rights second picture. I tried a lot...
  7. this setting managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this setting managed by your administrator: hello, im using windows 11 home. i get this thing when i try to turn on this setting, it show this setting managed by your administrator. even though im the administrator, is there any way to fix this? pls help me...
  8. this setting managed by your administrator

this setting managed by your administrator: hello, im using windows 11 home. i get this thing when i try to turn on this setting, it show this setting managed by your administrator. even though im the administrator, is there any way to fix this? pls help me...
  9. This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This setting is managed by your administrator: In my windows settings it says this setting is managed by your administrator submitted by /u/MagnusG07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa5if/this_setting_is_managed_by_your_administrator/
  10. "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got a Virus a while back and used malwarebytes and other programs to get rid of it. I also got malwarebytes premium so i had better real time protection. But ever since i got the virus my Windows Defender said "This setting is managed by your administrator" above...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove this setting is managed by your administrator intune

2. some settings are managed by your system administrator intune

3. this setting is managed by your administrator