Windows 10: How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is...

Discus and support How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, the new search feature is a mind -numbing outcome for me. There is a list of TOP APPS in my search area now ...the problem being that I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ozCROM, Dec 29, 2019.

1. ozCROM Win User

How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is...

Hello,

the new search feature is a mind -numbing outcome for me.
    There is a list of TOP APPS in my search area now ...the problem being that I don't use those apps. e.g. MS Edge e..g Snip and Sketch. ..things I NEVER use.

Therefore, this just seems like a billboard for Microsfot products within MY computer. This is not acceptable at all.

Would anybody have advise on how can I completely remove this misleading, useless feature?

:)

ozCROM, Dec 29, 2019
  2. nelson2tm Win User

How can I hide Top apps from Windows 10 search?

The Windows 10 May 2019 update added a new feature to the search menu called Top apps which lists your most used apps.

How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is... AebxU.png

I want to hide this list from the search menu, just like you can do from the start menu.

I tried disabling Show most used apps in start, which, as the name suggests, only hides this from the start menu. I also tried disabling Store my activity history on this device and clearing my activity history in Windows 10's privacy settings. While disabling this option hid my recently opened files from the search menu, it didn't hide Top apps.

How can I hide Top apps from the search menu?

nelson2tm, Dec 29, 2019
  3. TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Dec 29, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is...

Top Apps

If I understand this correctly, in 1903, comparing the screenshots here
    How to use Search instead of Cortana on Windows 10 May 2019 Update | Windows Central

above and below the text following
    whether Top apps appears depends on what you select of the top-most options.

If you're not bothered about content search, try one of the free search tools mentioned here - very very fast.
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch
    Locate32

dalchina, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove `Top Apps' from the search dialogue? they are NOT apps I have used, it is... - Similar Threads - remove `Top Apps'

2. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  3. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  4. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  6. How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen: I dont want to see it submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexvp2/how_do_i_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the/
  7. Remove "recents" of apps from search

in Cortana
    Remove "recents" of apps from search: Hi! When we search something in Windows 10 from the search button in the taskbar, suppose any media player. We can see the recent media played using that particular application. Any idea how to remove that? I find it pretty annoying. I've attached a picture to help you...
  8. How to disable Top Apps in the search box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Top Apps in the search box: Is there a way to disable the top apps from the Windows 10 search box? It isn't even accurate, it leaves apps up there I've used once. I'm not trying to be negative, but I believe there is no way to disable it. I've tried through the registry and using Powershell scripts....
  9. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar: Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it is broadly and stupidly...
  10. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

in Cortana
    Cortana - Remove "Top Apps": When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps" How do I disable this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-remove-top-apps/ee71ed9a-b8f5-446b-a39a-92adffae9258"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove top apps from search