Windows 10: How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Discus and support How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NocturnalLust, Sep 22, 2019.

1. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it is broadly and stupidly displaying for the entire world to see. Is there anything at all that we can do about this?

:)

NocturnalLust, Sep 22, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 22, 2019
  3. How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing?

On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update.

RageQuitCamper, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

1. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar - Similar Threads - remove Top Apps

2. How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

in Cortana
    How to disable Top Apps in Cortana: When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing? On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update....
  3. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

in Cortana
    Cortana - Remove "Top Apps": When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps" How do I disable this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-remove-top-apps/ee71ed9a-b8f5-446b-a39a-92adffae9258"
  4. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  5. Hiding files from cortana or search bar

in Cortana
    Hiding files from cortana or search bar: Me and my brother are using one PC and we use separate accounts and I don't want my brother see my music files in his account when he uses cortana/search; how can I hide my songs from my brother? And sorry for my weak English :(...
  6. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...
  7. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  8. how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove "search the web and windows'' from the task bar: Hi guys;anybody knows how to make the desktop like this in win 10! i'd like to remove the "search the web and windows'' from the task bar, i use Chrome so i don't need win search. 4387
  9. How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How remove photos section from start menu when searching for 'camera'?: Hi, If open the start menu and search for 'camera' , a 'photos' section appears in the start menu with, what seems to be, a random smattering of photo thumbnails. I do not want these to display. Is there a way to prevent this? Or at least to point it so it only pulls...
  10. How Do I remove "Name group" from the top of my tiles section on...

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I remove "Name group" from the top of my tiles section on...: How Do I remove "Name group" from the top of my tiles section on the top of my start menu. I have all the tiles removed. But can't get this to remove. [img] 17433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove top apps windows 10

2. remove top apps from search function

3. Delete Cortana Ap

4. How remove top apps,
  5. clear top apps in cortona,
  6. cortana search how to remove top apps,
  7. remove top apps from cortana,
  8. how to remove specific app in search result in cortana