Windows 10: How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Discus and support How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NocturnalLust, Sep 22, 2019.

1. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it is broadly and stupidly displaying for the entire world to see. Is there anything at all that we can do about this?

:)

NocturnalLust, Sep 22, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 22, 2019
  3. How to disable Top Apps in Cortana

When I click the Cortana search bar, the expected menu appears. At the top it says, "Top Apps" with four applications listed under it. How do I disable this from appearing?

On the Windows 10 with the May 2019 update.

RageQuitCamper, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

1. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar - Similar Threads - remove Top Apps

2. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  3. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?: I've been trying to remove it in windows versions 1809 and 22h2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-suggested-and-top-apps-from-the/2e44dbd2-a3e1-409a-8bc4-33334aca2a36
  4. How do I remove "suggested" and "Top apps" from the search bar in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove the top bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the top bar: I don't know what this bar stands for and how I get this bar displayed on my screen, but it is very annoying and I cannot remove it. It is at the top of my screen and I can only slide it at the top area instead of moving it around the whole screen. Can someone tell me what it...
  6. How to remove the top bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the top bar: I don't know what this bar stands for and how I get this bar displayed on my screen, but it is very annoying and I cannot remove it. It is at the top of my screen and I can only slide it at the top area instead of moving it around the whole screen. Can someone tell me what it...
  7. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to remove the top apps section of the search menu?: I tried right clicking the tiles but theres no option to remove submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kg7n11/how_to_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the_search/
  9. How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen: I dont want to see it submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexvp2/how_do_i_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the/
  10. Cortana - Remove "Top Apps"

in Cortana
    Cortana - Remove "Top Apps": When I click on the Cortana "circle" in the taskbar, it shows a history of my "Top Apps" How do I disable this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-remove-top-apps/ee71ed9a-b8f5-446b-a39a-92adffae9258"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear top apps

2. remove top apps windows 10

3. remove top apps from search

4. top apps windows 10 search,
  5. how to remove top apps when i use search,
  6. remove top apps from cortana,
  7. how to remove top apps in serch bar windows,
  8. disable top apps in windows 10,
  9. How to disable top apps from search bar permanently in window 10,
  10. disable app result in cortana search,
  11. how to remove top apps in search,