Windows 10: How to remove unknown user on laptop

Discus and support How to remove unknown user on laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have just purchased a new windows laptop but when trying to set up our profile we have noticed there is a username already on the laptop. How do we... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Helen Rogers, Mar 20, 2023.

1. How to remove unknown user on laptop

We have just purchased a new windows laptop but when trying to set up our profile we have noticed there is a username already on the laptop. How do we remove this user? Thanks

:)

Helen Rogers, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Steve_809 Win User

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to remove unknown user on laptop 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Mar 21, 2023
  4. How to remove unknown user on laptop

Unknown User - Powershell context menu - unable to remove permissions

Running Windows 10 - poweshell.exe loads on startup (context menu).

I am unable to remove it. There is an unknown user (see screen shot)
    How to remove unknown user on laptop [​IMG]
    that I can not remove from permissions. When I remove it, the unknown user reappears when I apply changes. I am the only user listed on the PC, I am unable to see "any other" users listed. I have full Admin user rights.

I am trying to remove powershell from the computer but it keep reinstalling itself I once was able to delete all references to powershell, but it reinstalled as part of an update.

After taking ownership and changing access rights on folders the files and registry entries to full access, they still cannot be deleted?

I understand powershell is not needed in windows 10, but it may allow other users to remotely access my system?

why does this unknown user auto give itself permissions after being removed?

chefdave86, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

How to remove unknown user on laptop

1. How to remove unknown user on laptop - Similar Threads - remove unknown user

2. How to remove unknown user on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unknown user on laptop: We have just purchased a new windows laptop but when trying to set up our profile we have noticed there is a username already on the laptop. How do we remove this user? Thanks...
  3. How to remove unknown user on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unknown user on laptop: We have just purchased a new windows laptop but when trying to set up our profile we have noticed there is a username already on the laptop. How do we remove this user? Thanks...
  4. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  5. How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Unknown/RESTRICTED Account User Profiles From PC: I have an Hp All In One PC I purchased new in box and sole user. I noticed after one of Windows many a update, Two Unknown user accounts along with one RESTRICTED account appear all with access. These accounts seem to be attached to and Xbox Overlay file, which there are two...
  6. Unknown user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user: Hello! Today I checked the security of an application in the properties menu and noticed a strange one namely two unknown accounts that do not have permission and I want to ask if this is okay? I also looked at someone else's machine but there was only one and with...
  7. Unknown user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  8. How to change or remove an unknown local user password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change or remove an unknown local user password?: I bought a Windows 10 machine on an estate auction, a Dell rugged laptop with outdoor screen (out of warranty with Dell). Windows is configured to never require password for login. However, if I press Windows+L to lock it, it will ask me for a password, so apparently there is...
  9. Remove unknown emails from user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove unknown emails from user account: On my wife's Windows 10 PC, she has or had a local account, while I have a windows account synced across several machines. We've just noticed that this appears to have been switched to a windows account, linked to a couple of email addresses, neither of which she recognises....
  10. Unknown User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User: Is WDAGUtilityAccount a user that Microsoft uses? If so how do they use it? 99404