Windows 10: How to remove unused icons from search?

Discus and support How to remove unused icons from search? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I uninstalled a lot of apps recently but for some reason the icons still remain on search and I can't do anything about them. submitted by /u/Eroscuk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eroscuk, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How to remove unused icons from search?

I uninstalled a lot of apps recently but for some reason the icons still remain on search and I can't do anything about them.

submitted by /u/Eroscuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eroscuk, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 25, 2020
  4. How to remove unused icons from search?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

Remove icons in Fedora 13

Hi,

It's easy to remove them. First do a Google search for the RPM Fusion website. Go to that page and follow the instructions for enabling the RPM Fusion Repositories. Next use the Add/Remove Software facility in Fedora 13 to search for and install a programme called tweakui. Once that is installed, launch it from the Fedora Applications Menu and you can use it to remove the unwanted icons and do various other stuff.

Good Luck. - Malcolm.

madd_axeman, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How to remove unused icons from search?

1. How to remove unused icons from search? - Similar Threads - remove unused icons

2. search box unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box unusable: Search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-unusable/78d81fb9-4384-4908-af7a-53b472eaaba7
  3. search box unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search box unusable: Search bar is unusable, I tried clicking it and it will goes off after split second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-unusable/78d81fb9-4384-4908-af7a-53b472eaaba7
  4. search box unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove Unused Trash from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove Unused Trash from MS Store: I downloaded applications from the MS Store that are absolutely useless and wish to delete them from my history. Tell me how to do this, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unused-trash-from-ms-store/d8d9f242-de6a-4269-ab58-1cfabb21052f
  6. How to remove this squares from icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this squares from icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/equ6d2/how_to_remove_this_squares_from_icons/
  7. Windows Defender tray icon, remove "!" with unused features?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender tray icon, remove "!" with unused features?: I recently 'upgraded' to Win10 Version 1703 (Creator's), which uses Windows Defender Security Center, rather than good ol' Windows Defender. I have the tray icon in the Notification Area set to always show, but it displays a yellow exclamation point if the 'App and browser...
  8. remove unused icon on notification and action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove unused icon on notification and action: hi..may i ask how to remove unused icon on notification and action? already uninstalling this program i marked.. [img] an how to fix thumbnail that seems broken..like edge thumbnail..? thanks in advance 18554
  9. How to remove icons from taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove icons from taskbar?: I have some unused icons pinned to the task bar that I'd like to remove. Right-clicking on any of them does not work. Is there any trick to remove them? Thanks, Ed 48554
  10. Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Search and Task View Icons from Taskbar ?: Is there a way to remove those two items ? They cover up icons I pin to the taskbar *Huh 2199