Windows 10: How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

Discus and support How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Sep 1, 2019.

1. akkha Win User

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? [​IMG]

----------------

*I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings.

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

akkha, Sep 1, 2019

2. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 1, 2019
  4. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

1. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? - Similar Threads - remove unwanted icons

2. word icon missing from toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    word icon missing from toolbar: how to get Word 360 to operate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-icon-missing-from-toolbar/a8d2c402-cce0-4c8c-b3f3-feb2b1ca07b8
  3. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314
  4. unwanted extra toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unwanted extra toolbar: I recently downloaded some freeware for opening files with docx extensions. I have subsequently deleted this software, but when I did this a message came up saying I have need to delete some elements of the program manually. I have been left with an extra toolbar above the...
  5. unwanted extra toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    unwanted extra toolbar: I recently downloaded some freeware for opening files with docx extensions. I have subsequently deleted this software, but when I did this a message came up saying I have need to delete some elements of the program manually. I have been left with an extra toolbar above the...
  6. Desktop and toolbar

Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  7. Unwanted desktop icon

Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...
  8. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive desktop icon: After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid? 37113
  9. How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Remove the Blue "Quick access" Icon from the Desktop: In Windows 10, how do I permanently remove the 'Quick access' icon from my desktop? Here's what it looks like on my desktop: [img] Hopefully the following additional details will make it easier for someone to answer my question: I'm not asking how to remove the...
  10. I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot remove the ''search the web'' toolbar from the desktop: Hi everybody, I have this slight problem: the ''search the web'' toolbar never seems to go away, it's stuck in the upper part of my screen: [img] Does anybody happen to know how I can remove it from there once and for all? Thanks in advance. 39401