Windows 10: How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

Discus and support How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akkha, Sep 1, 2019.

1. akkha Win User

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? [​IMG]

----------------

*I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings.

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

akkha, Sep 1, 2019

2. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 1, 2019
  4. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

1. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars? - Similar Threads - remove unwanted icons

2. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  3. How to remove links from desktop toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove links from desktop toolbar: HelloI use Win11 22H2. Via Windows Update, I recently installed the following. KB5021255 & KB5022303. After the installation I noticed the following automatic changes.1. A Home folder with 6 pinned sub-folders were added to file explorer's navigation pane.2. Links to all 7...
  4. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  5. How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How make a desktop icon and toolbar icon for the Desktop itself?: Not how make a desktop icon I know how do that. How do I can an icon on my toolbar that I can click when gaming that leads directly to the desktop; that minimizes all the programs and browsers and shows only the desktop. But is on my TOOLBAR so I can get to it EASILY. ???...
  6. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  7. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  8. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop: How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-unwanted-icon-on-desktop/30311986-b3bd-4b7e-9f5a-3d96dc658fe9
  9. unwanted extra toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    unwanted extra toolbar: I recently downloaded some freeware for opening files with docx extensions. I have subsequently deleted this software, but when I did this a message came up saying I have need to delete some elements of the program manually. I have been left with an extra toolbar above the...
  10. Unwanted desktop icon

Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...