Windows 10: How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

Discus and support How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed the latest version of Windows 11 via Windows 11 Disk Image ISO provided by Microsoft Software Download.During the installation of Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fady Ramsis, Aug 26, 2022.

1. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

I installed the latest version of Windows 11 via Windows 11 Disk Image ISO provided by Microsoft Software Download.During the installation of Windows, I found that the only language available is English United Kingdom, although I use English United States language when browsing Microsoft website!So after installing, I found that the "Windows display language" is English United Kingdom.I installed the all English United States features and set it as Windows display language.Then I removed English United Kingdom from preferred languages list.However, English United Kingdom keyboard

:)

Fady Ramsis, Aug 26, 2022
  2. ish4d0w Win User

how to remove keyboard layout?

Hi,

For some unknown reasons I have this african (???) keyboard layout added to the keyboard switcher list. I don't want it. How can I remove it?
    Thanks!
    EDIT: To clarify this: I have never added this layout, and it is not present in the list at the settings pane.

How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher [​IMG]

ish4d0w, Aug 26, 2022
  3. HEM
    HeM Win User
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout

@JaJe,
    I think, you have to read above tutorial more carefully...*Smile
    From that:

4. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 26, 2022
Thema:

How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

1. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher - Similar Threads - remove unwanted keyboard

2. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  3. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  4. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  5. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  6. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher: I installed the latest version of Windows 11 via Windows 11 Disk Image ISO provided by Microsoft Software Download.During the installation of Windows, I found that the only language available is English United Kingdom, although I use English United States language when...
  8. Unwanted keyboard inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard inputs: Greetings,I'm new to writing a bug in this community forum, so I decided to write it here in discussions with hopes that this could help the developers in their bug fixing tasks.I'm using a Windows 11 laptop that I wanted to configure to have four keyboard languages, which...
  9. Unwanted keyboard inputs

Unwanted keyboard inputs: Greetings,I'm new to writing a bug in this community forum, so I decided to write it here in discussions with hopes that this could help the developers in their bug fixing tasks.I'm using a Windows 11 laptop that I wanted to configure to have four keyboard languages, which...
  10. How to remove unwanted input languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove unwanted input languages: Hello, can anybody instruct me how to remove the VIE and ENG US input in the taskbar? They just appeared automatically there even I don't have them in my settings. [ATTACH]...