Windows 10: How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

Discus and support How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SSN651, Jul 15, 2020.

1. SSN651 Win User

How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu.

I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know to look:
    C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Would anyone know how to remove these (shown in picture).

Thank you everyone.

Windows 10 1909

How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items [​IMG]

:)

SSN651, Jul 15, 2020

2. How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

paulckruger, Jul 15, 2020
  3. lbeck Win User
    How do you remove items from a context menu?

Some installed programs have inserted items on my context menu that appears when I right-click on e.g., a folder. How do I remove the unwanted items?
    How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items [​IMG]

lbeck, Jul 15, 2020
  4. mades Win User

How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

It's not in the open with context menu (tried the steps from the link just to see, but no it's not in there). The app from the context menu is in the first layer, the one when you right click on an item and you have "scan with..." or "edit with notepad++" etc.

mades, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items - Similar Threads - Remove Unwanted Menu

2. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  3. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  4. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  5. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  6. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  7. Removing Unwanted System Items from Win10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Unwanted System Items from Win10 Start Menu: I am using Windows 10 x64 1903. The Start Menu contains folders I don't want, such as Accessibility and System Tools. I have copied or moved the desired icons from those folders to other folders that I do want to keep. Now I would like to get rid of the unwanted folders. But...
  8. Removing an item in Language menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an item in Language menu: In Windows 10 I want to remove the language menu "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) United States-International K...". Could anyone tells me how to do it? TIA [IMG]...
  9. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  10. Problems with boot menu, how to add and remove items?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with boot menu, how to add and remove items?: Hi, I have only win10 installed, and one system drive. By accident I boot from win8 dvd, and now win8 appears in boot menu. I tried to remove it in msconfig, deleted and rebooted, but it reappears. Also I tried to add safemode options to boot menu, I followed tutorial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How To Remove Unwonted Menu