Windows 10: How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

Discus and support How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gorgor, Jan 3, 2019.

1. gorgor Win User

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which are pushed through Windows Update for devices, especially for Laptops.

In the beginning, you could easily disable driver updates through control panel system. This doesnt work anymore since over a year now. I am not sure if this is a bug, or MS secretly deactivated the functionality.

Then they also removed the specific driver and OEM app updates from the Update list, most updates are not listed anymore in the installed update list, you cant remove them anymore after Windows installed them.

wushowhide.diagcab doesnt work too anymore 100%. Most driver updates you flag with them are ignored and Windows still installs them. Most OEM app updates are not even listed to hide.

I had so many issues over the past months on my Dell XPS laptop, because of Windows just pushes and forces broken drivers or apps through Windows Update, and then even ROLLS back drivers. I have literally no control anymore over my PCs.

Here is an example:

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates [​IMG]

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates [​IMG]

These forced OEM app updates are not listed in the Updates to remove list. These driver updates are forced through even you deactivated the functionality in several ways. That yellow flagged Intel Media SDK, for example, is broken since weeks and Windows tries to install it everyday and fails.

How do I remove for example the unwanted OEM app "Waves - SoftwareComponent - 5/15/2018 12:00:00 AM" which runs as a service in the background all the time I dont want. Same as "9NB9SRTL2KPT-WavesAudio.WavesMaxxAudioProforDell".

This is just unbelievable. There has to be a way to deactivate this out of control nonsense. And also remove the already installed updates.

:)

gorgor, Jan 3, 2019

2. Removal of unwanted apps

The default apps cant be removed using normal methods. You can remove them from the start screen.

If you REALLY want to uninstall them you can try the below. They will be re-installed the next insider build. You have to realize Microsoft gets revenue from their advertisers based on how many machines they are installed on

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Repeat for all the apps you want to remove.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 3, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 3, 2019
  4. How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

How to remove driver and prevent Windows 10 from updating driver

You can remove the old drivers with the inbox tool pnputil.exe

• run pnputil -e > C:\drivers.txt

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates dyCvJ.png
    • open the file drivers.txt and look which .inf file is associated with
      the driver you want to remove
    • run pnputil.exe -d oem<NUMBER>.inf

This removes the driver correctly. If this is too complicated, you can use the tool DriverStore Explorer [RAPR]

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates fPdwy.png

Click on enumerate, select the 215 driver and click on Delete Package.

Here are the steps to prevent that windows installs the driver again.

magicandre1981, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

1. How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates - Similar Threads - remove unwanted OEM

2. No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Options to Remove a Potentially Unwanted App: Hello,The App & Browser Control is showing a "Potentially Unwanted App". When I click Review, It takes me to Reputation-Based Protection.Finally, when I click on Review again and click on the arrow next to Low, it doesn't show me the options to remove the app. It takes me to...
  3. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted app: An app found in Network and internet-view network ...There is mycarelinkrelay - by medronic which i did not install but can not remove it.Is this spying on my computer windows 10 ?Needs procedure to remove...thanks...
  4. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unwanted app: An app found in Network and internet-view network ...There is mycarelinkrelay - by medronic which i did not install but can not remove it.Is this spying on my computer windows 10 ?Needs procedure to remove...thanks...
  5. How to remove unwanted app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Security: How To Remove Unwanted APP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security: How To Remove Unwanted APP: When I look at Windows Security/Defender Protection History, I see "Potentially Unwanted App Found".When I click on Actions for that App, I can select Remove or Quaratine. If I select Remove, does it remove the Appfrom my system, or does it just remove it from the History log...
  7. Remove Potential Unwanted app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Potential Unwanted app: I Found something weird, I checked my files, and then, I found this thing, it says, system32, and if I open one of the things in the file, this thing would pop up, You Are Attempting to open a file type "System File" .dll, These files are used by the operating system and by...
  8. Remove OEM programs and apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remove OEM programs and apps?: I have had a new HP desktop computer for about a month. So far it is running smoothly. It has a solid state drive and is amazingly fast and quiet. However, the Reliability History report every day shows one or more errors: update failed, app crashed, etc. Notably, when I...
  9. how to uninstall unwanted driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall unwanted driver update: I plugged a Samsung phone into my Windows 10 PC which i copied it files and it automatically download driver and i want to delete these samsung driver the problem is that how to uninstall it is there a way that i can delete these updates or uninstall it completely from my...
  10. How to remove unwanted driver which is waiting to be installed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to remove unwanted driver which is waiting to be installed: I discovered the the Intel HD 3000 driver which W10 was using did not work, so a found one that did. Today, I noticed that W10 had downloaded the bad driver and was waiting to install it again. I used the group policy editor to block driver updates, and the download driver...