Windows 10: How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?

Discus and support How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I temporarily added a hotmail account to my Windows 10 laptop in order to sync Edge favorites with my iPad. I then removed the account, but now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by antares, Oct 3, 2019.

1. antares Win User

How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?

Hi all, I temporarily added a hotmail account to my Windows 10 laptop in order to sync Edge favorites with my iPad. I then removed the account, but now in the Start menu I see the Hotmail user account icon (screenshot attached, see red arrow). How can I remove it? Thanks

How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu? [​IMG]

:)

antares, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 3, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu? - Similar Threads - remove User Account

2. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  3. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  4. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.: This is a bit of an odd one to say the least. I want to Remove the Change Account Settings from the Start Menu User . . . Now this is where it gets odd. The ONLY way that I have found to achieve this is by using the Local Group Policy Editor and changing the value from Not...
  6. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, After updating recently, specifically with the new icons for Windows 10 apps, a lot of the icons now have this odd blue background to them. Is there anyway to remove this? I don't mind it too much but if it's something that I can customize it would...
  7. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  8. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons: [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the...
  9. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove user account icon from start menu

2. remove account from start menu