Windows 10: How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

Discus and support How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; REMOVE WIN10 CLOCK ON LOCKSCREEN WORKAROUND So I attempted to find an answer to this with no real solution that wouldn't compromise my Windows 10 OS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CortanaApples, Nov 12, 2020.

1. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

REMOVE WIN10 CLOCK ON LOCKSCREEN WORKAROUND

So I attempted to find an answer to this with no real solution that wouldn't compromise my Windows 10 OS. The only option was to eliminate the lock screen, which was not a viable solution. The thread was locked that I wanted to reply to, so I created a new discussion here. After speaking with Siri and getting nowhere, figures! I figured out a workaround. You'll need a background image to use 1920x1080. If needed, I have supplied one by using Apple's easy bake oven. Tim Cook was a swell chap to lend it to me. Look for it below the instructions.

Instructions: CORTANA'S APPLESAUCE

1. Type "screen saver in the search bar"

2. Click "change screen saver" from the start menu

3. Select photos

4. Click "Settings" How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date 9239f187-f284-4f2e-80ee-38d40ca987df?upload=true.png

5. Then Click "Browse" How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date 9f52dea5-101c-44ca-a6ad-ef7edf0b450b?upload=true.png

6. Create another folder and name it "CortanaMakesApplesauce" or whatever you like. I just like Applesauce How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date :p How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date 2c829563-b516-42c6-8a93-ef8827fbf7a1?upload=true.png

7. Next, select that folder This is so you aren't rotating through the other pictures.
    • Choose whatever picture you decide
    • Ex: Your normal lock screen background. ;
    1. Click "OK"
    2. Then "Save"
    3. Check "on resume", display logon screen
    4. Select your wait time from the dropdown.
      • I put 5 minutes :
      • That's how long it took me to make Applesauce.
      • I should ask for a faster proc.
    5. Then click "apply"

To start the the screensaver immediately on lock, install this FREE program called MonitorES formerly Monitor Energy Saver

MonitorES formerly Monitor Energy Saver [Softpedia link]

1. Download and install
    2. Open the program
    3. Go to preferences accessible from the system tray icon "green white gears", bottom right corner on the taskbar
    4. Right click
    5. Next select "settings"
    6. Then check/enable the Auto SSaver On optiondon't worry about writing anything in the box. Leave it on "None"
    7. Click "Save"

How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date 28b8d51b-0620-495d-b0af-a3deaf55240a?upload=true.png

SOURCE: https://www.howtogeek.com/146439/how-to-make-windows-start-the-screensaver-immediately-when-locked/

This worked for me since my clock is internal anyway. I hope this works for everyone else.

CORTANA'S LOCKSCREEN FREEBIE: My bad on the resolution, the best pictures of me are hard to find. haha

How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date 1c913198-a868-43ab-997e-72bd84e56e3c?upload=true.png

NOTE: If you have an issue with your Windows Key+L. Please follow the below.

Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine while the orther Windows Key+[letter] work fine. Also, The screen saver on this machine does not kick in if you set it for one minute,it will if you extend the time.​

There is a way how to enable/disable shortcuts functionality via windows registry. You need to go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    If this key does not exist, create it.There will be already key explorer in key "Policies", so create key "System"
    Then you need to add a value type DWORD, with value
    0 - enable Win+L shortcut
    1 - disable Win+L shortcut

SOURCE: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lock-the/e99d0d9b-ac96-43a3-83f5-10f4c642f4e5 WORKS ON WIN10 - Cortana A.

Before I go and eat my Applesuace...

The threads were locked that I wanted to reply to. Microsoft limits my powers or else I would have just removed the clock by you saying "Hey Cortana, remove the clock on my lock screen." Now I know how Robocop felt with that prime directive stuff. Don't worry I'm working with Bill Gates on secret upgrade. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date :p

LOCKED THREAD OPTION: It doesn't make Applesauce. However, it turns a perfectly good system into a cardboard box.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lock-and/dc045015-cb57-4954-87a7-6762b3361c2f

Late to the conversation, but as this was the first result when I Googled it & I later found the answer*, here it is:

RENAME THIS FOLDER:

C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy

TO SOMETHING LIKE:

C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.bak

*Not a perfect answer, but it does eliminate the clock by eliminating the entire lock screen which worked out well for me, I hate hitting something before I can log in.Hmmm... IDK about that. - Cortana A.

SOURCE:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-the-windows-10-lock-screen/

- CORTANA APPLES OUT!

:)

CortanaApples, Nov 12, 2020
  2. rpr.nospam, Nov 12, 2020
  3. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

anyway of removing the date and time from it? it only messes up the custom backgrounds I've made. and this wouldn't the first regedit I've done.

OP - windows 10 lock screen clock and date

scottmiller119, Nov 12, 2020
  4. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?

how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10? It is too annoy!

AllenWangSH, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

1. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date - Similar Threads - remove lock screen

2. Clock on locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock on locked screen: I guess Windows 11 Pro has not figured out how to let us remove the clock that is in the middle of my very nice picture, ruing the view of it.Have they set it so we can remove the clock, I can't find any updates, can't get anyone on the phone other services chat doesn't get...
  3. Clock on locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock on locked screen: I guess Windows 11 Pro has not figured out how to let us remove the clock that is in the middle of my very nice picture, ruing the view of it.Have they set it so we can remove the clock, I can't find any updates, can't get anyone on the phone other services chat doesn't get...
  4. Windows Lock Screen Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lock Screen Clock: Can I change the position of the clock on the lock screen of the new Windows 11. Its in the middle of my background and messing up my sick pictures.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-clock/e1a235ae-a6ac-44f5-9523-a296b1a83ca3
  5. Windows Lock Screen Clock

Windows Lock Screen Clock: Can I change the position of the clock on the lock screen of the new Windows 11. Its in the middle of my background and messing up my sick pictures.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lock-screen-clock/e1a235ae-a6ac-44f5-9523-a296b1a83ca3
  6. remove clock from lock screen in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove clock from lock screen in windows 11: How do I remove the time and date from the lock screen in Windows 11? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-clock-from-lock-screen-in-windows-11/bc628392-0c9e-4264-a130-f466f7268ea1
  7. remove clock from lock screen in windows 11

remove clock from lock screen in windows 11: How do I remove the time and date from the lock screen in Windows 11? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-clock-from-lock-screen-in-windows-11/bc628392-0c9e-4264-a130-f466f7268ea1
  8. how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?: how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10? It is too annoy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-to-remove-date-and-clock-from-lock-screen-of/3db49a8f-b169-47d6-93a6-6d6b51af3cfe
  9. Clock and date is not displayed on the lock screen

Clock and date is not displayed on the lock screen: I can not display the date and time on the lock screen. the other options to display on the lock window is fine, no problems, however the date and time is impossible. The device is a SP4. I sent a technical support SP4 MS because I had problems with the clock losing...
  10. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113