Windows 10: How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive.

Discus and support How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I originally had w7 and then installed w10 in a dual boot setup with each OS being on it's own physical drive. I now want to remove w7 entirely from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BakedlCookie, Jun 24, 2020.

1. How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive.

I originally had w7 and then installed w10 in a dual boot setup with each OS being on it's own physical drive. I now want to remove w7 entirely from my system but I'm not sure how to do that. Without the drive that w7 sits on (by disconnecting the sata cable), the w10 drive doesn't register as bootable in the bios. It's like the boot flags are only on the w7 drive and without it I'm bricking my system. Any advice on how I can proceed without bricking my system? It'd be great to finally be rid of having 2 local disks: https://i.imgur.com/SLhX7Vi.png (disk F is the one where w7 sits and without which I cannot boot up at all right now)

submitted by /u/BakedlCookie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BakedlCookie, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Jayanuba Win User

W10 corrupts W7 hard drive

W8.1 was working fine as a removable hard drive. W7 installed on a RAID array as multi partitions. Works fine and both OS can be booted and W8.1 reads the RAID array when booting as W8.1

W10 upgrade completed on removable 8.1 drive, but then checked RAID drives for errors and changed them.

W7 on raid no longer boots. After severel hours W7 finally re-installed on RAID array. (data is on other partition so ok.) Tested working all data recovered.

Here's the kicker.

As soon as I boot from W10 it says "reboot required to fix drives" then corrupts the Windows 7 install... Which doesn't need fixed!!

The drive containing W7 OS becomes unreadable although other data partitions on the RAID array are OK.

W7 recovery tries to fix the hard drive then fails.

W10 changed drive letters first attempt, so I thought this an easy fix, but in fact every fresh W7 install is corrupted as soon as I boot from W10.

This is a major problem. Why is W10 changing the drive parameters on a completely seperate fully operational operating system?

Jayanuba, Jun 24, 2020
  3. RussThoms Win User
    Is it possible to dual boot to w7 after w10 install w/o removing w10?

Original Title: Oldbeard

UPG to W10=>failure of Turbocad. Tried starting w/ older os. Is it possible to dual boot to w7 after w10 install w/o removing w10?

RussThoms, Jun 24, 2020
  4. tdug Win User

How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive.

Upgrading possible ? Dual boot (XP-32 / W7-64) to (XP-32 / W10-64)

Hi everybody,

I have a dual boot PC with Windows XP (32 bits) and Windows 7 (64 bits), both installed on a 500 Go SSD.

I have a 500 Go HDD for My documents, other data and games. Having two drives on a PC didn't cause any problem for upgrading W7 on another PC
    but there was no other OS.

My 2nd PC is declared to be W10 compatible.

The active partition is the one with XP. So the one with W7 is
    not active.

My two questions :

• Will the upgrade process be able to upgrade W7 even if it is not the active partition ?
    • Will XP and the dual boot persist ?
    Any experience with dual boot and W10 upgrading ?

Thema:

How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive.

1. How to remove windows 7 from w10/w7 dual boot? Each OS is on it's own hard drive. - Similar Threads - remove w10 dual

2. Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead laptop that was running a dual boot with W7 and W10: I have a HP Pavillion laptop that was faithfully running a dual boot setup with W7 and W10 for a few years. However, I made the fatal mistake of powering off the laptop when it asked which OS should run. Now the laptop is dead. DEAD. When the power button is pushed it...
  3. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...
  4. Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot on different hard drives completely isolated from each other: I have a configuration with 2 hard drives and I'd like to install Ubuntu and Windows 10- let's say- Ubuntu on hard drive C, Windows 10 on hard drive D. To prevent malwares from spreading from an OS to the other, I'd like to permanently disable ubuntu's hdd in Windows and...
  5. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  6. Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot

Dual Boot W10/W7 error message on boot: I have W10 and W7 on separate drives, and used the information on this thread Solved EasyBCD Dual Boot management for Win10 and Win7 on separate drives - Windows 10 Forums to enable dual booting without using the F8. The dual boot was followed from the W10 installation, and...
  7. Removing Windows 7 from dual boot

Removing Windows 7 from dual boot: Hi I've had a quick look to see if anything comes up on this topic but so far have not found anything. I'm pretty sure it must have come up at some time but I just haven't found it so apologies for posting the question again. I have a spare PC running Win7 and Win10 in...
  8. Dual boot w7 + w10

Dual boot w7 + w10: You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to make the w10 dual boot menu? You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system? I like...
  9. W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem

W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem: I want to Dual Boot my existing W7 pro with W10 pro as in Dual Boot Tutorial by Brink. I made W10 Installation USB removed fast boot & secure boot and installed W10. I have W7 (C drive) on a 500gb SSD and installed a new 500gb SSD for W10 (D drive) I installed W10 on the D...
  10. [Downgrade W10 to W7] Windows 7 won't boot

[Downgrade W10 to W7] Windows 7 won't boot: Hello Tenforum users, I have been trying to replace pre-installed Windows 10 to Windows 7 x64 in UEFI (Secure boot disabled) on my girlfriend lap Acer V15 V3-575G-50W2. Bios version is 1.10. I almost have lost my sanity with such a task (why should be so difficult to...