Windows 10: How to remove windows account picture

Discus and support How to remove windows account picture in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Somehow my Windows account was associated with Microsoft account and now it is showing a picture that I don't want.I switched back to local windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jackin, Sep 19, 2021.

1. jackin Win User

How to remove windows account picture

Somehow my Windows account was associated with Microsoft account and now it is showing a picture that I don't want.I switched back to local windows account, but local windows account still showing Microsoft account picture.I followed below steps to no avail:Change your account picture microsoft.comC:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPicturesWish Windows could just provide a simple remove picture button.Below is the picture I don't want, but unsure where Windows is holding it. I even removed it from my Microsoft account, which got attached with Windows.Please help!

:)

jackin, Sep 19, 2021

2. Remove User Account Picture

Hi Shawn, thanks for all the great tutorials, I use them often myself or make reference to them.

Do the listed steps actually work on vers 1903? As I mentioned in my preceding post, Ten Forward and I both replaced User.png instead of User-192.png in order to have success with vers 1809.

W10 Tweaker, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 19, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. How to remove windows account picture - Similar Threads - remove account picture

2. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  3. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  4. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Account picture can not be removed and no three recent account picture showing up and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture can not be removed and no three recent account picture showing up and...: I followed this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-your-account-picture-3645cdc7-acab-49d2-76a9-4ce7e5e10939#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 trying to delete account picture but it doesn't work.there should be 3 most recent account picture showing in the your info...
  6. How to remove account picture on local pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove account picture on local pc: I have looked into this other post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount-omyinfo/how-to-remove-profile-picture/865fa00f-1dea-4298-889b-df4cd2d3a96a?auth=1My profile online does not have an account picture, but my local pc still has one. I wanted to...
  7. How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots, and you get to the login screen, The user image with name is displayed. The image is one you have uploaded in User account picture or the profile picture connected with your Microsoft account. In this [...] This post How to remove...
  8. Remove profile picture from account

Remove profile picture from account: Hello, I want to remove my previous profile picture from the records of my account (See picture, highlighted in red). How do I do this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-profile-picture-from-account/33aa9c63-cf96-4b25-a0a5-ec45d98965b6
  9. Remove User Account Picture

Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  10. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...