Windows 10: How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

Discus and support How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; that is, in v. 2004, how to remove only this NEWLY added notification (area) which includes: . Local Account Sign in [img] in context > [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Airider, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Airider Win User

How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

that is, in v. 2004, how to remove only this NEWLY added notification (area) which includes:
    Local Account
    Sign in

How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box [​IMG]

in context >

NOTE: this Update & Security Settings Box NEVER before indicated (I am automatically signed in as Admin) >

Local Account
    Sign in

to be more than abundantly clear, I want it to look like THIS again .... as it used to be >

:)

Airider, Oct 16, 2020
  2. nitromon Win User

Remove Update Notification?

Hi,

I love this program but I have just a minor annoyance with the "Update Now" notification. Is there a way to disable it? I notice there isn't much tab/window options, but perhaps a command line modifier?

I don't have a particularly new GPU card, so any new updates are redundant to me, I prefer to stick to a working version that I'm accustomed to. I think currently I'm running 0.8.5. I do some game testing etc... as a hobby on Nvidia and Intel HD and this version works the best. Newer versions won't display the Intel HD memory usage as separate dedicated/dynamic, it just lumps them together as 1.

This version is still working great, just like to remove the "update notification" bar that keeps telling me to update.

Thank you,

Jeff

nitromon, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    no update notification

Hi Kent,

One possible cause why you're unable to receive notification is due to wrong configuration settings. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to receive notification before?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Security and Maintenance.
    • Choose Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Put a check on the check box.
    • Click OK.

This will allow you to disable/enable specific types of messages, including messages about Windows Update, Internet security settings, User Account Control, Windows Backup, and more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 16, 2020
  4. How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

1. How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box - Similar Threads - remove Update notification

2. How do I remove the notifications box on top of my calendar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the notifications box on top of my calendar?: Windows 11When I click on the time in the taskbar to see my calendar it shows me notifications? How do I turn this off as it is not what I want to see and it is very annoying!John Mars...
  3. How do I remove the notifications box on top of my calendar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the notifications box on top of my calendar?: Windows 11When I click on the time in the taskbar to see my calendar it shows me notifications? How do I turn this off as it is not what I want to see and it is very annoying!John Mars...
  4. How do I remove this notification box from my screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove this notification box from my screen?: I have the Wireless Notification Box that popped up for the first time. I have always had my notifications turned off and not to be displayed, but when my Windows last updated, I guess it turned them back on.Anyway, I connected to a network that I hadn't connected to since...
  5. How do I remove this notification box from my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this notification box from my screen?: I have the Wireless Notification Box that popped up for the first time. I have always had my notifications turned off and not to be displayed, but when my Windows last updated, I guess it turned them back on.Anyway, I connected to a network that I hadn't connected to since...
  6. How do I remove this notification box from my screen?

7. How do I remove notification box that appears above calendar, even when settings are off

How do I remove notification box that appears above calendar, even when settings are off: HelloHow do I get rid of the notification box that appears above the calendar? I turned off all the notification settings, but the box still appears and cuts the calendar in half. I don't want the box to appear at all, only the full calendar month. Thank you...
  8. How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box: that is, in v. 2004, how to remove only this NEWLY added notification (area) which includes: . Local Account Sign in [img] in context > [img] NOTE: this Update & Security Settings Box NEVER before indicated (I am automatically signed in as Admin) > Local Account...
  9. notification box

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification box: notification box shows a number (number of updates I have) but when I click on it, it doesn't show any updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-box/469ab375-18c7-4040-a10a-832d521c1bc7
  10. How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box: After updating Windows 10 before shut down, i booted up my laptop to find a box asking me to select privacy settings. No matter how many times i select and click okay, it won’t go away. Just keeps telling me to try again. Short of resetting my laptop, there is nothing else I...