Windows 10: How to remove wireless projection banner

Discus and support How to remove wireless projection banner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10, version 1809 introduced a new "Wireless Projection Banner". Can I remove it from the desktop screen? I want to remove it because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebbieCruz1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. How to remove wireless projection banner

Windows 10, version 1809 introduced a new "Wireless Projection Banner". Can I remove it from the desktop screen? I want to remove it because it pops-up when I touch the tab in the browser. Thank you

:)

DebbieCruz1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

is it possible remove the new "Wireless Projection Banner" introduced in 1809 or at the very least move it so that it does pop-up every time I touch a tab in my browser?

***Original title: Wireless Projection Banner***

Dogggonemadd, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the Wireless Projection Banner from the screen as it keeps popping when you open a browser. May I know, if the PC is still connected to the wireless display when you are using the PC?

Also, you can try clicking on the PIN icon next to the
    Settings icon on the banner to unpin it.

However, as per the section Wireless projection experience in the article

what's new in Windows 10, version 1809
    , the banner is designed similar to remote desktop connection where it will be removed when the wireless display is disconnected.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2019
  4. angryemu Win User

How to remove wireless projection banner

Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

the banner can be "unpinned" but that only hides it, not closes it; it still pops up with mouseover and there is no "close" option. it can be slid left or right but not moved to another part of the screen, unlike the taskbar. it's wider (left-to-right)
    than half the screen, so no matter what the center-top of the screen is blocked when the banner is visible. it displays over what's behind it, rather than displacing items like the taskbar does. it's wider (top-to-bottom) than the row of tabs in every browser
    i've tried, so even if it's unpinned it's far too easy to accidentally show it, blocking tabs or anything else underneath it - i've nearly disconnected accidentally multiple times as a result, and once actually did accidentally disconnect. in the last week
    or so the settings icon on the banner became greyed out as well (???). i have scoured Windows and the internet for a way to disable or remove the feature, but can find none.

i did discover a few hours ago, however, that when i leave the wireless display (in my case, a television) connected for more than 24 hours, the banner disappears - no pop-out, nothing. i'd had my display connected for about 48 hours by the time i noticed
    it; it was still there roughly 24 hours in so it was sometime in that second 24 hours that it went bye-bye. i don't want to have to leave my tv constantly connected though - i.e., constantly on and unable to change inputs; - just to be rid of the banner...i'd
    rather be able to turn it off entirely; even if i have to do it each time i connect instead of a global, default option, i'd be happy.
    How to remove wireless projection banner a8c16d0d-aa67-4ac9-bbb0-b0f409921300?upload=true.png

angryemu, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

How to remove wireless projection banner

1. How to remove wireless projection banner - Similar Threads - remove wireless projection

2. Windows 11 Wireless Projection Miracast Control Banner/Bar too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Wireless Projection Miracast Control Banner/Bar too small: I was resizing the bar and it became accidentally too small. I can't make it bigger anymore. Is there any text file or anything else I can edit to manually make it bigger or reset its size to default?Thank you...
  3. Windows 11 Wireless Projection Miracast Control Banner/Bar too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Wireless Projection Miracast Control Banner/Bar too small: I was resizing the bar and it became accidentally too small. I can't make it bigger anymore. Is there any text file or anything else I can edit to manually make it bigger or reset its size to default?Thank you...
  4. Wireless Projection to another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Projection to another laptop: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect 2 laptops via bluetooth so I can expand my display, but the problem is it only connects one way.When I use my ASUS to project to my HP it connects perfectly and I am able to project to it, but when I try to project my HP to the ASUS it...
  5. How to remove banner at the top of my setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove banner at the top of my setting?: How to delete this from Settings app? [ATTACH] [Original Title: Impudent advertising] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-banner-at-the-top-of-my-setting/9af92373-c321-4c1f-a183-7c50dc5c8c35
  6. Wireless Projecting help needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Projecting help needed: Help, I can wirelessly project from my surface go 2 to my surface pro 4, but im trying to project my surface pro 4 to my surface go 2, but it doesnt work. Can anyone help? surface go 2 is not up-to-date on updates, while surface pro 4 is. submitted by /u/EmersonOwO [link]...
  7. Start a wireless projection remotely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start a wireless projection remotely: I project my laptop to my (Samsung) bedroom TV with a simple Win+K. There is a use case, where I would like to instead use my studio desktop PC to project to my bedroom TV. I would like to do so remotely, without having to go to the studio and start the projection. Is there...
  8. Removing My Feed banner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing My Feed banner: My operating system is Windows 10 home version 1909 and I would like to remove the My Feed banner from Microsoft Edge latest version. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-my-feed-banner/f0c6032b-6cd0-4175-8a53-995a121c625b
  9. How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable/remove the volume popup banner.: [ATTACH] I'd like to now how to remove this banner from appearing in the top left of my screen, its annoying and irrelevant to me, making it an eyesore as it stays there obxiously for 7-10 seconds whenever I adjust my audio on almost anything that is playing sound. I...
  10. No notification banners for removable drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    No notification banners for removable drives.: Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives. When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get a sound and the notification goes straight to Action Center instead of showing the banner. I've gone in and disabled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless projection banner

2. wireless display status bar not going away

3. REMOVE WIRELESS CONNECTION BAR WIN 10 1809

4. wireless projection loc:US,
  5. remove projection bar,
  6. Accidentally removed wireless Projection bar in Windows 10,
  7. how to remove disconnect banner from laptop,
  8. how to remove screen projector tool bar from windows 10,
  9. windows 10 banner for disconnected and reconnect display,
  10. wireless projection banner stuck on screen,
  11. windows wireless display bar,