Windows 10: How to remove wireless projection banner

Discus and support How to remove wireless projection banner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10, version 1809 introduced a new "Wireless Projection Banner". Can I remove it from the desktop screen? I want to remove it because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebbieCruz1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. How to remove wireless projection banner

Windows 10, version 1809 introduced a new "Wireless Projection Banner". Can I remove it from the desktop screen? I want to remove it because it pops-up when I touch the tab in the browser. Thank you

:)

DebbieCruz1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

is it possible remove the new "Wireless Projection Banner" introduced in 1809 or at the very least move it so that it does pop-up every time I touch a tab in my browser?

***Original title: Wireless Projection Banner***

Dogggonemadd, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the Wireless Projection Banner from the screen as it keeps popping when you open a browser. May I know, if the PC is still connected to the wireless display when you are using the PC?

Also, you can try clicking on the PIN icon next to the
    Settings icon on the banner to unpin it.

However, as per the section Wireless projection experience in the article

what's new in Windows 10, version 1809
    , the banner is designed similar to remote desktop connection where it will be removed when the wireless display is disconnected.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2019
  4. angryemu Win User

How to remove wireless projection banner

Remove Wireless Projection Banner from Desktop screen

the banner can be "unpinned" but that only hides it, not closes it; it still pops up with mouseover and there is no "close" option. it can be slid left or right but not moved to another part of the screen, unlike the taskbar. it's wider (left-to-right)
    than half the screen, so no matter what the center-top of the screen is blocked when the banner is visible. it displays over what's behind it, rather than displacing items like the taskbar does. it's wider (top-to-bottom) than the row of tabs in every browser
    i've tried, so even if it's unpinned it's far too easy to accidentally show it, blocking tabs or anything else underneath it - i've nearly disconnected accidentally multiple times as a result, and once actually did accidentally disconnect. in the last week
    or so the settings icon on the banner became greyed out as well (???). i have scoured Windows and the internet for a way to disable or remove the feature, but can find none.

i did discover a few hours ago, however, that when i leave the wireless display (in my case, a television) connected for more than 24 hours, the banner disappears - no pop-out, nothing. i'd had my display connected for about 48 hours by the time i noticed
    it; it was still there roughly 24 hours in so it was sometime in that second 24 hours that it went bye-bye. i don't want to have to leave my tv constantly connected though - i.e., constantly on and unable to change inputs; - just to be rid of the banner...i'd
    rather be able to turn it off entirely; even if i have to do it each time i connect instead of a global, default option, i'd be happy.
    How to remove wireless projection banner a8c16d0d-aa67-4ac9-bbb0-b0f409921300?upload=true.png

angryemu, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

How to remove wireless projection banner

1. How to remove wireless projection banner - Similar Threads - remove wireless projection

2. MS banner advertisement

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS banner advertisement: [ATTACH] **HOW DO I GET RID of the above banner , once and for all. Don't mind that if each time I log on it shows up, but when I click on to read a module, story, etc; its there again and again. Its ANNOYING, to say the least, and quite frankly, IT SUCKS!! ISNT there...
  3. How to disable Action Center but still get Banners

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Action Center but still get Banners: Hello Everybody. I wish to everybody a fantastic 2019. I bought a new Notebook. With that I got Windows 10. Before I only used Windows 7. I'm almost done with the configuration on Win10. There is one thing left which bugs me. There at the right bottom is the icon for the...
  4. How do I disable music banner?

How do I disable music banner?: Hi, I wanted to know if there's any way I could disable the music banner thats keep showing when I play or pause the songs on the top left corner on the screen. It gets really annoying when I'm scrolling through songs and those banners aren't going away blocking whatever...
  5. How to remove annoying top bar when connected to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove annoying top bar when connected to a wireless display: Anybody know how to completely remove or disable this annyoing top bar that comes up when I connect to my tv ? (Not just autohide it) Thanks in advance [img] 120068
  6. create recovery banner

create recovery banner: hi Everybody. I have an orange and white banner in the right hand side of my task bar that says "create recover backup (I think) cant see all of it. Can somebody please advise me how to remove this. Its just beside the date and time. I am using windows 10....
  7. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  8. Project connect to wireless device issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Project connect to wireless device issue: Hi, I've been able to connect my windows 10 laptop to my tv using the project/connect to a wireless display feature so that laptop screen can be projected on the tv for some time. Suddenly, I can no longer find the tv as a device when I try to use project. By suddenly,...
  9. Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working: Hi,I can't figure out, where is the problem, when I try tom project my laptop to TV via Wireless display. I searched information in google, and still couldn't find a solution. I did the following steps: 1. Updated all necessary drivers in PC and in TV; 2. Checked in...
  10. No notification banners for removable drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    No notification banners for removable drives.: Ok, I thought this was just bitlocker stuff but its all removable drives. When I connect a removable drive I don't get a notification banner. I get a sound and the notification goes straight to Action Center instead of showing the banner. I've gone in and disabled and...