Windows 10: How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

Discus and support How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a new 32gb flash drive a few days ago and it worked fine the first time I used it on my laptop but now I can't access it at all on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Queen Leena D, Jun 14, 2019.

1. How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

I just got a new 32gb flash drive a few days ago and it worked fine the first time I used it on my laptop but now I can't access it at all on my laptop. When I plug it in my laptop I get an error message saying it needs to be formatted before it can be used and when I look at Disk Management it's listed as RAW. I tried to format it but I get an error message stating that it's write protected and it shouldn't be. The USB drive does not have a switch for write-protection (I've checked thoroughly multiple times). I've tried removing the write protection with DiskPart in command prompt several times but I still get the write protection error every time I attempt to format it. Do I just need to give up on this one and buy a new one or can this one be saved? I'm not concerned with losing the data on the drive as I still have copies of that data elsewhere.

:)

Queen Leena D, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. freebird_9924, Jun 14, 2019
  4. How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

USB flash drive write protected

How can I remove write protection on a USB flash drive?

Rev. Carl Bowers, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

1. How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive? - Similar Threads - remove write protection

2. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives: I have been trying for several days to remove Write Protect on my Flash Drives.I have been trying the DOS Commands.I tried the DISKPART and none of the disk drives appear. I have also tried Windows 8.1, with the same results, but would like to stay on Windows 10.There are no...
  3. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives: I have been trying for several days to remove Write Protect on my Flash Drives.I have been trying the DOS Commands.I tried the DISKPART and none of the disk drives appear. I have also tried Windows 8.1, with the same results, but would like to stay on Windows 10.There are no...
  4. Remove Write Protect on Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Remove Write Protection from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Remove Write Protection from USB Flash Drive: I know this question has been asked before, but nothing I try works. I have tried diskpart; I have tried the registry, and I have tried third-party applications. None of them remove write protection on my flash drive. I seem to have a unique problem than everyone else,...
  6. USB Flash drives write protected

USB Flash drives write protected: Recently my four USB flash drives were write protected by Windows 10 Pro. I am using a version 2004. How can I removed the write protection. I have tried the DISKPART, REGEDIT, search the net, but to no help. Can anyone help me on this please. [ATTACH] Thank you Ricky...
  7. USB flash drive write protected

USB flash drive write protected: I am trying to understand the programing of a USB Flash drive from the manufacturers. I understand the microcontrollers. I can understand PIC Erom type memory chips. I am unsure of how the program for the write protect is set from the computer into the microcontroller of the...
  8. USB Flash drive is write protected

USB Flash drive is write protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write protected" error, please? Thanks in advance!...
  9. USB Flash drive is write-protected

USB Flash drive is write-protected: Hello, When I insert my pendrive into my windows 10 PC, it says I have to format it before I use it. But when I format it, it says the pendrive is "write-protected" and can't format it. How can I solve this "write-protected" error, please? Thanks in advance! Tanzil ***...
  10. Flash Drive - Write Protected - Format

Flash Drive - Write Protected - Format: I have (3) Microsoft brand 32 GB thumb drives that have Win 8.1 and preload software for my HP laptop, I have no use for them, and I'm certainly not ever going to put Win 8.1 back on my laptop, I spend most of time on my Surface and desktop PC, laptop is a backup device that...