Windows 10: How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers

Discus and support How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hi I have this problem with my drivers for xbox 360 controller. It wont delete either thru Apps & Features, Device Manager doesn't work too..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KufelKuflowski, Nov 16, 2020.

1. How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers

How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers 7a167d3f-8d3a-4ccc-ba24-b46dd452442f?upload=true.png Hi I have this problem with my drivers for xbox 360 controller. It wont delete either thru Apps & Features, Device Manager doesn't work too..

I tried so many times and I installed some of them making litteraly sandwitch. I am uploading photos so you can check this out. Maybe there is some solution you guys know. I would be grateful for help. Windows 10 - 64 bit

:)

KufelKuflowski, Nov 16, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Nov 16, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Can't reinstall xbox 360 controller driver

If you have this driver installed it should show at the bottom of Device Manager (Hidden... Why ?)

as XBOX 360 Peripherals and be listed in Programs and Features under Microsoft XBOX 360 accessories.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware

If it is listed in Programs and Features try uninstalling. Reboot and reinstall.

BossDweeb, Nov 16, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers

Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10

XBOX 360 type (what brand), or genuine MS XBOX 360 ? I would have thought the wired MS controller would be plug and play,

but maybe it needs the same trick as 3rd party XBOX controllers, which are....

(may not be necessary. You can try the next step below first if you want) ... Download and install this...

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-au/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Reboot.

Open Device Manager (R/click on the Start button) and you should find
    XBOX 360 Peripherals > XBOX 360 Controller for Windows

at the bottom of the list.

R/click on XBOX 360 Controller for Windows and select Update driver

Select the Browser My Computer option.

Then click on the Let me pick... option.

Select a driver from the list that pops up (or more if you have more than one with the same date) and click install.

Reboot...

(Optional... Cross fingers and do a jig)
    How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers 986be8de-1a37-42f0-b551-ade71d89235e?upload=true.gif

BossDweeb, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers

1. How to remove xbox 360 controller drivers - Similar Threads - remove xbox 360

2. Is there a way to get Xbox 360 controller drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get Xbox 360 controller drivers?: Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue with my Xbox 360 controller, whenever i plug it in it says that the usb is not recognisedi went to device manager try and update it both automatically and manually but that did nothing, i also tried to plug in my guitar hero 360...
  3. Is there a way to get Xbox 360 controller drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get Xbox 360 controller drivers?: Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue with my Xbox 360 controller, whenever i plug it in it says that the usb is not recognisedi went to device manager try and update it both automatically and manually but that did nothing, i also tried to plug in my guitar hero 360...
  4. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  5. xbox 360 controller driver help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox 360 controller driver help: Since a windows 10 update on 20/11/2020, the xbox wireless receiver i use with old xbox 360 controllers no longer seems to work. In the device manager, it stays as an other device > unknown device. When i update the driver, or uninstall and re-attach and update the driver to...
  6. Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Staying Installed

Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Staying Installed: I am trying to connect and old rock band xbox 360 guitar to my PC and am running into an odd issue. I know that it can be done as I have seen this same type of controller used in windows 10 without issue. When I plug in the controller it is not immediately recognized and...
  7. Location of XBOX 360 Controller Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Location of XBOX 360 Controller Drivers: [ATTACH] I have an Astro C40 and since the May update it does not function (it shows up as an audio device). I'm trying to find the location of the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers so I can try to forcibly update the driver to it. Can anyone please direct me to where in...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless adapter controller driver issues

Xbox 360 wireless adapter controller driver issues: Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some help into my problem. I'm currently running windows 10, all updates are up to date, but when I try to install the drivers for the wireless adapter via the device manager drivers, it gives me a message saying the drivers have...
  9. Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10: Recently a friend gave me a wired Xbox 360 controller to use on my PC, I have a desktop HP Compaq elite 8300 sff running Windows 10 home pro,,, The problem is the controller isn't working like it should,,, I don't know how or where to check for the control drivers or where...
  10. Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted

Driver for USB XBOX 360 Controller (wired) is wanted: Hello. When I connect my USB XBOX360 controller I get this error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because the device configuration information (in the registry) is defective or corrupted. (Code 19). If I try to update the driver I got the message, that the best...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot