Windows 10: How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

Discus and support How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two identical BT headphone sets that show up on the Devices and Printers page as the same name. Is there a way to rename one of them? I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wondermuse, Jan 16, 2016.

1. How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

I have two identical BT headphone sets that show up on the Devices and Printers page as the same name. Is there a way to rename one of them? I could rename one in the Sound properties box, but it did not change in the Devices and Printers page or when I click on the Connect tile in the right side bar. These two locations still show both with the same name.

:)

wondermuse, Jan 16, 2016

2. change properties button for printer is missing in control panel

I'm trying to rename my printers. I open the control panel, click on view devices and printers, right click the first printer and click on printer properties which opens the general tab for that printer. On the bottom there should be 3 buttons, change properties,
    preferences..., and print test page. The change properties button is missing so I can't rename the printer. How do I get this button back or else is there another way to rename the printers? If it makes a difference both printers I'm trying to rename are HP
    OfficeJet 4650 all-in-one printers.

Thank you

Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Devices & drivers

StevenTurpyn1, Jan 16, 2016
  3. TSid Win User
    Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers

I had the same issue -- as a shortcut to reading the whole thread, my issue was that it looks like the change is not sticking, until you power-cycle your Bluetooth device (disconnect, power down, power up, reconnect). This worked perfectly after renaming
    through Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and right clicking the device and going to the last tab.

(copy "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" and paste it in file explorer)

Thema:

How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

1. How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page - Similar Threads - rename device Devices

2. How to Print on a Printer on Another Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Print on a Printer on Another Device: My desktop PC can print to a printer on LPT1 with a TCP/IP address. I can print to it from my old laptop. I am setting up a new laptop and have been unable to set up that printer sharing from my desktop PC. The desktop has the printer set up as "shared." The desktop and my...
  3. Device not showing up on devices page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device not showing up on devices page: I signed into my laptop everyday with my Microsoft account. Now it's been stolen and I went to the devices page and it's not there!!! Is there any other way to add a device of you dont have access to it? Also, why is it not showing up when I logged in with my Microsoft...
  4. Devices and printers

Devices and printers: After upgrading to Windows 10, pdf documents prints very slow and sometimes does not print at all. I can print other documents immediately but pdf takes time and return error: Could not print document...
  5. Devices and Printers

Devices and Printers: A multimedia device duplicates over and over, the device is a LG smart tv that I had to use ethernet connection to connect it and now it works on wireless as it should. I think it runs with Linux and it had not been online for a couple of years so the system needed to be...
  6. Renaming audio output device

Renaming audio output device: Whenever I have to unplug the USB cables for my headset, Windows will rename the device in the Taskbar after they've been plugged back in. Reinstalling the drivers/software does not fix this. How can I change their name back to their original name (and prevent this from...
  7. renaming a bluetooth device

renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339
  8. devices and printers

devices and printers: my pots are not responding to a connected printer all of them what could it be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/devices-and-printers/3b19bce4-3e2d-4fb1-be28-4bf9aacbf6ba
  9. Rename Sound Devices

Rename Sound Devices: I've figured out how to rename Bluetooth devices, but I can't figure out how to rename speakers. My speaker list shows up as follows in the sound icon: Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (2 - DELL PROFESSIONAL SOUND BAR AE515) - twice Microphone (4 - SpeechMike III) Microphone...
  10. devices & printers

devices & printers: Control Panel > Devices & Printers takes about 30 seconds to open. Any idea why? Never had this issue in previous Win versions. Thanks! ...Steve 14922

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you rename a device in devices and printers

2. can i rename the devices in control panel > devices and printers