Windows 10: How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

Discus and support How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two identical BT headphone sets that show up on the Devices and Printers page as the same name. Is there a way to rename one of them? I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wondermuse, Jan 16, 2016.

1. How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

I have two identical BT headphone sets that show up on the Devices and Printers page as the same name. Is there a way to rename one of them? I could rename one in the Sound properties box, but it did not change in the Devices and Printers page or when I click on the Connect tile in the right side bar. These two locations still show both with the same name.

:)

wondermuse, Jan 16, 2016

2. change properties button for printer is missing in control panel

I'm trying to rename my printers. I open the control panel, click on view devices and printers, right click the first printer and click on printer properties which opens the general tab for that printer. On the bottom there should be 3 buttons, change properties,
    preferences..., and print test page. The change properties button is missing so I can't rename the printer. How do I get this button back or else is there another way to rename the printers? If it makes a difference both printers I'm trying to rename are HP
    OfficeJet 4650 all-in-one printers.

Thank you

Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Devices & drivers

StevenTurpyn1, Jan 16, 2016
  3. TSid Win User
    Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers

I had the same issue -- as a shortcut to reading the whole thread, my issue was that it looks like the change is not sticking, until you power-cycle your Bluetooth device (disconnect, power down, power up, reconnect). This worked perfectly after renaming
    through Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and right clicking the device and going to the last tab.

(copy "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" and paste it in file explorer)

Thema:

How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page

1. How to rename a device on the Devices and Printers page - Similar Threads - rename device Devices

2. devices page displays 4 identical printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    devices page displays 4 identical printers: Suddenly 4 identical printers are shown in devices. None have the green check mark.2 are listed as "network" offline. Suddenly the printer display area has a message: "the printer could not connect with the internet". I have only one HP printer which has been printing and is...
  3. devices page displays 4 identical printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    devices page displays 4 identical printers: Suddenly 4 identical printers are shown in devices. None have the green check mark.2 are listed as "network" offline. Suddenly the printer display area has a message: "the printer could not connect with the internet". I have only one HP printer which has been printing and is...
  4. devices page displays 4 identical printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  6. Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers - SOLVED

Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers - SOLVED: guys this question has been circulating for some time now without a workable solution. I've found one that works.1. connect the bluetooth device for me I connected my Bose Soundlink mini2. on start menu, search 'control panel' to get the old interface3. click on 'Hardware and...
  7. Renaming Audio Device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Audio Device: Hi everyone! I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and it is running smoothly without any issues. Only one problem which I am having is that whenever I click the sound icon on the taskbar to increase or decrease the volume, my speaker is named as '2- High Definition Audio...
  8. Printer "Manage your device" page is blank

Printer "Manage your device" page is blank: When I attempt to change my default printer in Windows 10, I go to Settings...Printers & Scanners and see a list of all available "printers" including things like Fax, Microsoft print to PDF, etc. When I select one and then click "Manage", I get basically a blank page. The...
  9. Renaming a device driver???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming a device driver???: Ive been doing some reinstalls and my network card has been renamed with #2 at the end of it. Is there an easy way to rename this so i can remove the #2 submitted by /u/gezzamondo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdczhn/renaming_a_device_driver/
  10. renaming a bluetooth device

renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you rename a device in devices and printers

2. can i rename the devices in control panel > devices and printers