Windows 10: How to rename a Printer in Windows 10

Discus and support How to rename a Printer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post will show you how to rename a printer in Windows 10. By default, whenever you install a printer, Windows 10 automatically set its […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to rename a Printer in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 9, 2020

2. Problem with renaming a network printer on windows 10

Hello,

We realize your concern in this regard.

I see you telling that you have problem with renaming the printer. Really not sure under which tab you're trying to do that. When you install a new printer, Windows typically names it after the manufacturer or model. Usually, you can able to rename the printer
    by following the below procedure.

To rename a printer:

• Click Start button, type Devices and Printers
      and select same from the list.

• Right-click a printer, and then click Printer properties.

• Click the General tab, and then type the new name in the text box.

• Click Apply/OK.

However, to rename a printer, you must have permission to manage the printer. You probably have permission if you installed the printer. If you're on a corporate network, you might need to ask your system administrator. To check your printer permissions,
    right-click your printer, click Printer properties, click the
    Security tab, and then click your user name.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2020
  4. How to rename a Printer in Windows 10

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

How to rename a Printer in Windows 10

1. How to rename a Printer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rename Printer

2. How to rename a printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename a printer in Windows 11?: How do I rename a printer in Windows 11? Most of the help information relates to Windows 10 and this process doesn't work in Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-a-printer-in-windows-11/e5c56982-5364-457e-ad45-ec4b022b4562
  3. How to rename a printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename a printer in Windows 11?: How do I rename a printer in Windows 11? Most of the help information relates to Windows 10 and this process doesn't work in Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-a-printer-in-windows-11/e5c56982-5364-457e-ad45-ec4b022b4562
  4. Four identical printers on network - how to rename so users can choose.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Four identical printers on network - how to rename so users can choose.: I have 4 Brother printers available via wifi on our company network. Using the admin app from Brother, I've renamed each printer, but they still appear with the same name printer model in File Explorer > Network or in Devices > Printers.It seems the only way to differentiate...
  5. Four identical printers on network - how to rename so users can choose.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Four identical printers on network - how to rename so users can choose.: I have 4 Brother printers available via wifi on our company network. Using the admin app from Brother, I've renamed each printer, but they still appear with the same name printer model in File Explorer > Network or in Devices > Printers.It seems the only way to differentiate...
  6. Four identical printers on network - how to rename so users can choose.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Unable to rename bluetooth device in device and printers - SOLVED: guys this question has been circulating for some time now without a workable solution. I've found one that works.1. connect the bluetooth device for me I connected my Bose Soundlink mini2. on start menu, search 'control panel' to get the old interface3. click on 'Hardware and...
  8. Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer Spooler service renamed to just Spooler service: We have a Windows 10 computer that is unable to print as the Print Spooler service is not running and will not start. When I look in Services, I see that the Printer Spooler service is renamed to just Spooler service. Any suggestions on how this could have happened? Is...
  9. Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10: If you have multiple printers in your environment, whether at home or work, you can change the name to make it easy to find. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  10. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...