Windows 10: How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters

Discus and support How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way for Windows to rename Albums & Songs without Windows Cutting Off Specific Letters. It used to be able to do that, now it cuts off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EthanChoojitarom, Dec 7, 2019.

1. How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters

Is there a way for Windows to rename Albums & Songs without Windows Cutting Off Specific Letters. It used to be able to do that, now it cuts off letters. I've tried backing up the registry and apparently that doesn't make it stop cutting off letters. Can somebody help me please?

:)

EthanChoojitarom, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Bubbles71 Win User

Nokia 1020 - albums split into individual songs

Hi all, I've just bought the nokia 1020. I tried moving all of my itunes music to the new phone but no luck. Then I cut and pasted in Windows Explorer into the Nokia music folder. Mostly went well but a large number of albums have been split into individual
    songs. That is; when I go into "Albums" on the phone every song on the album is listed individually - I can't play the entire album with all its songs but only one at a time. Someone suggested i should collate these into playlists - yes this would work -
    but really is a patchup and is not a real Nokia solution surely!

Bubbles71, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been
    using to play it from previously. On my laptop, Groove Music runs just fine, with everything in working order. However, on my desktop PC, all of the album and song titles are cut shorter than they are in actuality.

For example, this screenshot shows my collection of albums by David Bowie.

How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters [​IMG]

As can be seen, the vast majority of album titles are being cut short for seemingly no reason at all, for example the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
    is only shown as 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy'. a lot of other albums have their parenthetical information cut off, like '(2016 Remastered Version)'. To reaffirm: this is only present in Groove Music. The album titles themselves are
    not like this.

The problem continues with song titles, too:

How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters f873dd5a-f33f-4e44-81b5-e99e289432e0?upload=true.png
    As
    you can see, the song titles too are being cut short. This can be a nuisance when there are several versions of one album in my library, for example a deluxe edition and a standard edition; due to the album names being the same (both being cut short, therefore
    extra information on the edition isn't present) they all appear under one album in the list.

I have tried quite a few methods of resolving this issue, such as moving the songs to a different drive, changing the metadata and even deleting the database folder in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database
    in hopes of getting a fix, all to no avail.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sam McKenna, Dec 7, 2019
  4. How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters

Albums not appearing in album list yet songs are listed?

The "Unknown" album displays in both the album list and the songs are in the songs list. However, other albums, purchased from Amazon for example, aren't displayed in the album list but the songs are in the songs list.

The only reason I mentioned the Unknown album is because TomBrad95 asked if I had an "unknown" album in my list.

Nathon Jones, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters

1. How to Rename Albums & Songs Without Windows Cutting Off Letters - Similar Threads - Rename Albums Songs

2. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  3. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  4. How to Rename Albums & Songs in Windows Explorer Without Properties Cutting Off Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Rename Albums & Songs in Windows Explorer Without Properties Cutting Off Letters: How do your Rename Albums & Songs in Windows Explorer without it Cutting Off Letters? It didn't use to do this? Changing the registry didn't help, because it automatically reverts back to the name it had before. How do I fix this?...
  5. buy song/album to play on windows media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    buy song/album to play on windows media player: buy song/album to play on windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-songalbum-to-play-on-windows-media-player/853dc1f5-568d-4855-9168-22a6d34d57d4"
  6. Groove music song/album titles cut short

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  7. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  8. All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song

All Song and Album Covers taken from other Song: Why is it like that? Most of them even have their own custom Covers! But all Groove Music shows me is this one! When I delete the Song this Cover is from it just takes another Cover and plasters that onto all the songs. The Metadata is not affected however. The songs still...
  9. Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...

Going to artist page from album displays no songs, shows "Sorry, these songs aren't...: I have a bunch of mix albums, in which I have songs from different artists. In WMP, if I wanted to listen to a single artist from that album, I'd just go to the Artists view and pick the artists, then get all their songs. In Groove however, these aslbums just appear as...
  10. remove cut, copy, rename

in Windows 10 Support
    remove cut, copy, rename: Hola, como puedo ELIMINAR Cortar, Copiar, nombre change, contextual menú. Pongo Una Captura desde mi pc Gracias.*Sad [img] 66510

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Rename Album on desktop pc