Windows 10: How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10

Discus and support How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When it comes to devices, people always tend to surround their lives around them. In day to day life, the priority of our lives is […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 27, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 27, 2020
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Mar 27, 2020
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 27, 2020
  4. How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10

No Audio Output Device

Hi  RMoody1

I'm an INDEPENDENT ADVISOR

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter 

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do. 

Step 1. Open the search box 

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter 

Step 3. Click View all 

Step 4. Select Playing audio 

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process 

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

This article can help you with the possible solution of your Issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

You can also try Verify the Windows service 

Use Windows Key + R. 

When you open the window you type: 

Services.msc. 

When you open the list of services, look for "Windows Audio". 

Double click on the start button and verify that the start type is in (automatic). 

Driver update: 

Another option is to go directly to the website of the manufacturer of your PC, there you can update the sound drivers of your PC

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10

1. How to rename Audio Output devices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - rename Audio Output

2. Renaming Audio Device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Audio Device: Hi everyone! I have windows 10 installed on my laptop and it is running smoothly without any issues. Only one problem which I am having is that whenever I click the sound icon on the taskbar to increase or decrease the volume, my speaker is named as '2- High Definition Audio...
  3. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: There is a bug in the Windows 10 Operating system which prevents audio devices from being recognized. Every device in Device Manager says that it is working properly.This is the same issue found...
  4. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: Hi there, On my Windows 10, Audio stopped working completely. Windows sais "no output devices found" and "no input devices found". There are a lot of threads for this problem but no fix worked in my situation. Most solutions revolve around reinstalling and fixing...
  5. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information: Looking at the...
  6. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  7. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  8. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. Ver 10.0.18362 I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information:...
  9. Renaming audio output device

Renaming audio output device: Whenever I have to unplug the USB cables for my headset, Windows will rename the device in the Taskbar after they've been plugged back in. Reinstalling the drivers/software does not fix this. How can I change their name back to their original name (and prevent this from...
  10. Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10: How to: Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10 How to Rename Sound Input or Output Device in Windows 10 The default sound input device is the device (ex: microphone) that Windows uses to record or hear sound. The default audio playback device is the device...